Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:10:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 23: Hail Discorbia

Started by Blue Jam, March 18, 2019, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattD

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 23, 2019, 11:46:01 PM
Has anything changed or just a few 100,000 narcissistic liberal selfie fuck images?

Narcissism? Sounds like the typical Corbyn supporter.

Twed

Twed

Why is liberal wit so unbearably ineffectual? Is it related to their brains being both soggy and thick, like Weetabix?

idunnosomename

Did Nick Clegg show up or was he too busy making Facebook shittier

garnish

All sorts of brilliant, witty placards on show yesterday and really pleased to see the same faces that turn out for save the NHS marches, etc.

jobotic

Yeah, all of us on the NHS marches were middle class media luvvie cunts, I remember it well. Fi ished off at the Garrick, what a night .

Jockice

Quote from: MattD on March 23, 2019, 09:34:31 PM
Wasat the protest today. Saw some great speeches, from Sturgeon and Caroline Lucas especially.

Where was Corbyn? Being fucking useless as ever.

Well, he'd have been fucking useless if he'd been there too surely. Probably got lost and wet himself or something 

holyzombiejesus

Not sure why you've capitalized the 'l' and not done the 'g', you foul smug cunt.

Jockice

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 24, 2019, 11:50:39 AM

Not sure why you've capitalized the 'l' and not done the 'g', you foul smug cunt.

This is of course the sort of thing that will give Remain a huge majority if there is another vote on the subject.

biggytitbo

pancreas

idunnosomename

god i just keep hoping she's going to tip off that fucking chair she's rocking on with her wanky gladrags and fall flat on her fucking face

greencalx

I'm ambivalent about Corbyn not turning up to the march, as don't think a second ref would solve much, and will probably make things worse. Oh, and I am Pro-European, btw, so please don't say not supporting the march / referendum = Eurosceptic, thanks.

As far as I can tell, the only people moaning about him not being there are people who moan about him no matter what he does. If he had turned up, he'd have been moaned at for not giving a speech / giving a crap speech / giving the wrong speech / speaking too quietly / speaking too loudly / backing the wrong kind of second referendum / insisting on differentiating Labour from the TINGE / ...

I don't have a problem with people disliking Corbyn and wanting rid. I do have a problem with them not just coming out and saying that, and instead using all this kind of shit as a smokescreen for an opinion that is hardly controversial.

TrenterPercenter

It's just sound politics for Corbyn to keep away. Whatever Remain voters feel (and I'm one of them) they absolutely have to accept that roughly half of the electorate a voted to leave.  Any potential leader that wants to bridge that divide (which will need bridging whatever happens) has to straddle both and that means avoiding going on Remain or Leave marches.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I've always said Crouchie would do a job

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on March 24, 2019, 02:36:51 PM
It's just sound politics for Corbyn to keep away. Whatever Remain voters feel (and I'm one of them) they absolutely have to accept that roughly half of the electorate a voted to leave.  Any potential leader that wants to bridge that divide (which will need bridging whatever happens) has to straddle both and that means avoiding going on Remain or Leave marches.

Unfortunately they just won't accept that ever.

DrGreggles

Quote from: greencalx on March 24, 2019, 02:02:49 PM
I'm ambivalent about Corbyn not turning up to the march

Everyone is aware that he had a prior engagement in Morecambe, right?

biggytitbo

The way most of the usual suspects are talking, yesterday's march may as well have been an anti-Corbyn protest. His decision to go and campaign somewhere else on bread and butter issues was actually one of the most astute things Corbyn has done for a quite a while though.

Buelligan

Quote from: greencalx on March 24, 2019, 02:02:49 PM
I'm ambivalent about Corbyn not turning up to the march, as don't think a second ref would solve much, and will probably make things worse. Oh, and I am Pro-European, btw, so please don't say not supporting the march / referendum = Eurosceptic, thanks.

As far as I can tell, the only people moaning about him not being there are people who moan about him no matter what he does. If he had turned up, he'd have been moaned at for not giving a speech / giving a crap speech / giving the wrong speech / speaking too quietly / speaking too loudly / backing the wrong kind of second referendum / insisting on differentiating Labour from the TINGE / ...

I don't have a problem with people disliking Corbyn and wanting rid. I do have a problem with them not just coming out and saying that, and instead using all this kind of shit as a smokescreen for an opinion that is hardly controversial.

Absolutely this, except I'm probably not even ambivalent and I'm certainly very, very, REMAIN.

jobotic

Personally although I'm an ULTRA REMOANER I'm glad he was campaigning for the local elections. Away from Brexit what I want more than anything, for the good of the public services that I work in and use, and for the good of the people, including me, in my area is a change to the Tory filth that have fucked us over for so long. Be great if Corbyn came here. McDonnell was up the road the other day.

jobotic

And he should never share a platform with Tories. As I said to friend I'm not going on a March to cheer on Heseltine and Cable.

MattD

Quote from: jobotic on March 24, 2019, 04:53:29 PM
And he should never share a platform with Tories. As I said to friend I'm not going on a March to cheer on Heseltine and Cable.

Alright to share a platform with rabid anti-semites then?

Fucking tool he is.

Buelligan

Are Heseltine and Cable antisemites?  I can't say I'm completely surprised.

Twed

Quote from: MattD on March 24, 2019, 05:10:37 PM
Quote some of it. Direct quotes. Here's your chance, shut us all up forever. Go! Do it!

idunnosomename

Corbyn trained his pug to do a poo on the Israeli flag. disgraceful. If it wasn't for Eddie Marsan's twitter to think I might have voted for him.

jobotic

Quote from: MattD on March 24, 2019, 05:10:37 PM

Fucking tool he is.

Did he meet the Saudi royal family when I wasn't looking? The bastard.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteAlright to share a platform with rabid anti-semites then?

Apparently

Jockice

If I hear one more Tory on the telly saying: "He's quite happy to talk to the IRA and Hamas but not Chuka Umunna," I may smash the TV.

I'd rather talk to Satan himself than that insincere slimeball.

Buelligan

Heheh, I was just thinking about that time Chuka grilled Corbyn, from memory, autumn 2016ish.  Chuka was chair of a Home Affairs Select Committee (antisemitism) and he (at that time, part of the treacherous PLP chicken coup) was unrelentingly unpleasant, obviously angling for a pair of ears, when grilling poor old Jez. 

Anyway, I looked for a vid to refresh my memory, couldn't find one but found another, self-published by Umunna, in October 2016, blethering on about his findings as Chair of HAC Report into Antisemitism.  It's been up for over 18 months, on a hot topic AND IT'S HAD, IN TOTAL, 294 VIEWS. 

Didn't watch it because I didn't want the cunt to see his viewings total roll one more digit over this month. 

Amazing though, don't you think, 294 views in 18 months, that's how loved he is, that's how fucking interesting and relevant he is. 

Wanker.