Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:14:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Russell Brand: In Plain Sight [renamed]

Started by jazzy_sabotage, September 15, 2023, 04:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Or The Infidel?

Or King Rocker? Oh no!

bigfatheart

One thing's for sure, The Nan Movie was made purely for artistic reasons and artistic reasons alone.

Senior Baiano

As if a single film would get made in britain without money laundering

BlodwynPig

Dickie Osman referred to game show hosts as unsavoury on house of games tonight. Roy Walker was first answer up

If they say stuff about Catherine Tate, she'll just go "am I bovvered!?"

Alberon

Popbitch have said a new front in the Me Too saga is being unveiled by one of the weekend papers so it might be in conjunction with that.

Or it might be about crisps. Who knows.

PlanktonSideburns

holyzombiejesus

If it's anything linked with The Times, I wouldn't be surprised to see Coogan getting a mention. Hope not though.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 15, 2023, 08:18:21 PMIf it's anything linked with The Times, I wouldn't be surprised to see Coogan getting a mention. Hope not though.

Steve Coogan taking drugs and having sex with prostitutes?

Never!

Fabian Thomsett

Noel Fielding's supposed to have done some dodgy stuff in the past, hasn't he? Or maybe I'm misremembering.

Fabian Thomsett

He snorted cocaine off a cake while fucking Paul Hollywood.

bgmnts

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on September 15, 2023, 08:28:56 PMSteve Coogan taking drugs and having sex with prostitutes?

Never!

That's quite tame. I'm presuming this is sexual misconduct stuff.

Edit - I did see the little memo email thing but I can't believe that will be lumped in with money laundering and MeToo stuff.

Psybro

Prominent serving Cabinet minister is two XL Bullies standing on top of each other in a suit.

thr0b

Male and female? Let's start a rumour about Victoria Wood being a wrong 'in.

(Don't.)

Dr Marbles

Quote from: thr0b on September 15, 2023, 08:45:52 PMMale and female? Let's start a rumour about Victoria Wood being a wrong 'in.

(Don't.)

'Your honour I would like to enter into evidence this copy of Women's Weekly magazine'

Snrub

If it was Coogan, I'd be surprised but only as surely the papers would have been desperate to nail him for absolutely anything during the phone hacking stuff so why now

Mr Trumpet

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 15, 2023, 07:52:17 PMDickie Osman referred to game show hosts as unsavoury on house of games tonight. Roy Walker was first answer up

Good, but he's not the one

phantom_power

Russell Brand and David Walliams are trending on Twitter, apropos of nothing

Rev+

Quote from: Snrub on September 15, 2023, 08:49:21 PMIf it was Coogan, I'd be surprised but only as surely the papers would have been desperate to nail him for absolutely anything during the phone hacking stuff so why now

Yeah, he's had 'dodgy' behaviour reported in the past but would have been burned alive if there was a hint of anything genuinely terrible to actually get him for.  He's pretty much the only name I can't see being mentioned, because if this is what it sounds like, there will be some very big surprises.

thr0b

Quote from: Snrub on September 15, 2023, 08:49:21 PMIf it was Coogan, I'd be surprised but only as surely the papers would have been desperate to nail him for absolutely anything during the phone hacking stuff so why now

Coogan and drugs would hardly be any kind of revelation.

Media's already tried it anyway. https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/steve-coogan-blame-owen-wilson-suicide/?amp

Butchers Blind

Maybe Krishnan Guru-Murthy is dropping his new album.

George White

Quote from: bigfatheart on September 15, 2023, 07:48:19 PMOne thing's for sure, The Nan Movie was made purely for artistic reasons and artistic reasons alone.
Or Apocalypse Clown.

Gurke and Hare

It would be irresponsible to speculate of course, but I think this will be all people that I don't like and no people that I do like.

AllisonSays

I've always really enjoyed Coogan's pretty straightforward and open enjoyment of sex, class As and expensive cars. Makes it harder to slag him off for it when he just acknowledges that's how he lives his life. I'd be surprised if there's really dark stuff lurking behind that narrative, unlike with some of the asterixed names in the thread.

PlanktonSideburns

Ah don't tell me fucking ASTERIX is going to be in this show? Childhood ruined

JesusAndYourBush

It'll be the cunt dogs thing, or a new nonce.

Uncle TechTip

Interesting it's the Sunday Times, if it's "MeToo", does it fit with their outlook? Like Rupert's in his big office, "this sort of behaviour must be rooted out" etc. Let's wait and see, fewer than 24 hours. The two names on Twitter just seem the obvious choices that would result from idle gossip.

jobotic

I reckon the Dispatches and Sunday Times things are different and the Times one is about Sir Kxxx Sxxxxxx.

I have no reason to think this but it's a hunch and sometimes a hunch is all you got to go with in a crazy case like this.

DrGreggles

Not saying that the overall reputation of celebrities has diminished in recent years, but I'm struggling to think of anyone this could be that would genuinely surprise me.