Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 13, 2024, 02:46:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Russell Brand: In Plain Sight [renamed]

Started by jazzy_sabotage, September 15, 2023, 04:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

Dispatches wouldn't give 90 minutes to Brand or Walliams, or both of them together to be honest.

Sunak or King Charles perhaps.

Or McCoys has been putting AIDS in their crisps again.

JesusAndYourBush

king_tubby

bgmnts

Russel Brand? Again, like Coogan, he never seemed to shy away from enjoying shagging around and getting off his tits.

I assume it'll be something like he used his influence to coerce people I dunno.

Not watching Brand's grift shit for tinfoil cunts, what does he say? Is he predictably making it about the "mainstream going all out to get him" for his content?

Snrub

I mean the insinuation is there isn't it from Russell himself, talking about accusations of consent and criminality. It's not just shagging around.

Used to be a bit obsessed with Russell and his radio show in particular, but I didn't realise what a grifting twat he'd become having not seen him for years. And the rest of course

Snrub

Quote from: jazzy_sabotage on September 15, 2023, 11:25:33 PMNot watching Brand's grift shit for tinfoil cunts, what does he say? Is he predictably making it about the "mainstream going all out to get him" for his content?

Spot on, basically Channel 4 and The Sunday Times are teaming up and out to get him now he's no longer part of the MSM and yes I've always been a shagger, but I've always made it clear it was consentual and not criminal

Cold Meat Platter

Uses refute when he means repudiate as well. What a massive fandan.

damien

The replies to his tweet about this are freaking me out. Full on Qanon conspiraballs.

Uncle TechTip

Hardly like a huge deal, most people's reaction will be "god, where's he been?"

BritishHobo

People are bang on then - this "wake up and smell the truth" cult-leader grift has been perfectly designed to insulate him from this. How easily he can dismiss it as a nebulous conspiracy. "They" are all in it together, aren't "they". Channel 4 execs on Hunter Biden's payroll or whatever, don't bother explicitly defining it because then we lose the flexibility of ambiguity. All that matters is anything bad can be written off as evil machinations from the global elite.

Ah, ol' Russ. Fucking embarassed how long I spent arguing that he had a redeemable humility to him. Of course he's the stupid cunt he obviously was all along.

Minami Minegishi

Unless this implicates people at the Beeb and/or other major mainstream media outlets, who were aware of alleged crimes, why is this minor sleb grifter getting a 90mins doc made about said alleged crimes?

It surely must go further than just this cunt. 

BritishHobo

Question is, will there be any other comedians covered in this, or is it exclusively Brand? Presumably any other subjects don't have enough of a knobhead following to risk "getting ahead of the story" in this way.

EDIT: Beaten to it!

studpuppet

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on September 15, 2023, 10:02:59 PMInteresting it's the Sunday Times, if it's "MeToo", does it fit with their outlook? Like Rupert's in his big office, "this sort of behaviour must be rooted out" etc. Let's wait and see, fewer than 24 hours. The two names on Twitter just seem the obvious choices that would result from idle gossip.

I'd be very surprised if it's DW (at least for the newspaper part) considering they're a bit of a cash cow for another arm of Murdoch's business.

neov1974

it's fairly interesting all told.
few people would be surprised if a story emerges about sexual impropriety, given his admitted history.
yet his pivot into conspiracy enables him to shriek loudly that "they" want you to believe it and discredit him.
so the prevailing narrative is equal sides he did something and we hear about it or he didn't and he's being stitched up, and people may choose to believe which based on their preconceptions.
he's already outside the mainstream so his "career" is questionable as it is, he doesn't obviously look like he's gonna return anyway.
It will be interesting how the reporting is presented and how compelling a case is made.

Cold Meat Platter

neov1974

popbitch said this could "open up a whole new front of metoo" which does imply more than just one person/story

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 15, 2023, 10:21:45 PMNot saying that the overall reputation of celebrities has diminished in recent years, but I'm struggling to think of anyone this could be that would genuinely surprise me.

Daniel Kitson, if only because the universal reaction would be "Who the fuck's that?"

daf

Cold Meat Platter

After hearing from people in the know I reckon CaB regulars will be spooked to hear who's implicated in this documentary film presentation.

Alberon

I actually found myself in the same Michelin starred restaurant as Russell Brand a year or so back.

At no point in the couple of hours we were in the same room did he sexually assault me in any way. So, extrapolating those 120 minutes out to his entire life, I can confidently assert that any allegations are completely false.

Spudgun

That memo mentions "late 80s", which is a bit specific - does anyone alluded to in this thread cover that time period?

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: neov1974 on September 16, 2023, 12:01:40 AMpopbitch said this could "open up a whole new front of metoo" which does imply more than just one person/story

metoo would do well to remember how this second front strategy backfired on adult Hitler.

pierre boo-lez

Quote from: Snrub on September 15, 2023, 11:28:56 PMSpot on, basically Channel 4 and The Sunday Times are teaming up and out to get him now he's no longer part of the MSM and yes I've always been a shagger, but I've always made it clear it was consentual and not criminal

I for one will find it very very funny if whatever Channel 4 and the Sunday Times have doesn't mention him once.

privatefriend

Could be a big ruse like that Greg Wallace show. Channel 4 unnecessarily casting doubt on all future factual programming.

DigForVictory

Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis writing letters of support for Russell Brand as we speak.

bgmnts

Just realised mainstream media been going batshit the past year or so with all sorts of shit throw out there to distract us from eating the rich.

In the past week alone we've had definite Mexican aliens, dogs will definitely kill you and now guess the sex pest. It feels desperate.

Midas

Send us your shoplifting snaps and WE WILL PRINT THEM

lankyguy95

Quote from: damien on September 15, 2023, 11:38:35 PMThe replies to his tweet about this are freaking me out. Full on Qanon conspiraballs.
"We don't believe them, even though we haven't seen or heard any of the accusations and supplementary evidence."