Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:52:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Riddley Walker arga warga

Started by lauraxsynthesis, July 09, 2023, 11:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauraxsynthesis

No rumpa no dum
No zantigen
Eusa cum

A friend told me it was his favourite novel years ago and I gave it a go but gave up before long. Then a couple of months back a RW reading group started in my neighbourhood and I've got slightly obsessed by it all. Even included a viewing of the St Eustace mural on a recent trip to Canterbury. Having finished it, we've started on academic journal articles about it. I'm looking for a Punch & Judy show we can go and see this summer.

Thing is, I didn't enjoy it or particularly like it but I got unusually caught up in the language and lore.

dontpaintyourteeth

I think it's a masterpiece and I want to read it again soon.

Video Game Fan 2000

Pink Gregory

Vodkafone

That book group sounds like a dream. I think you can be greatly affected by the very best literature without 'enjoying' it as such. The Unconsoled by Ishiguro is one of those - maddening, frustrating and brilliant.

Although I really enjoy Riddley Walker, as well as thinking it's brilliant. Tells truths about humanity in a way that hits you in the face.