Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:26:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chart Music Podcast Threee John featuring 3ric Smallshaw of 3ccles

Started by George White, September 28, 2023, 04:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

centristmelt

I'm getting itchy again, sorry. Shouldn't we have a Patreon poll soon?

famethrowa

Just listened to the whole live show via Patreon! Good stuff as always, but not good sound quality? The REDS appearance (via video, I assume) was pretty much unintelligible. Though maybe that's not a bad thing.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Al on Patreonregular Patreon-only bonus content, starting next week

non capisco

DrGreggles

The Roofdog

The Roofdog

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Can any of the PCYs who attended the live recording please explain the big audience laugh during the Marillion segment? It's obviously a visual gag the rest of us weren't privvy to.

bigfatheart

It was a screengrab from the video of various bits of data in computerised text, next to Fish's face (I think anyway - going from memory). Al had edited it so that it said "TAYLOR LIKED THIS" or something along those lines.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

sprocket

Quote from: bigfatheart on October 31, 2023, 10:49:47 PMIt was a screengrab from the video of various bits of data in computerised text, next to Fish's face (I think anyway - going from memory). Al had edited it so that it said "TAYLOR LIKED THIS" or something along those lines.

gilbertharding

The current London Review of Books podcast has a discussion with Johnathan Coe about comedy, with reference to Rock Expert David Stubbs's book about comedy. It was quite interesting.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/podcasts-and-videos/podcasts/the-lrb-podcast/what-is-british-humour-anyway

Johnboy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001rw0l

Simon Price guests on this BBC Wales radio show discussing the Cure book, he comes in around 1 hr 10 min mark, after Starman by David Bowie

gilbertharding

shiftwork2

Quote from: Johnboy on November 03, 2023, 07:23:38 AMhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001rw0l

Simon Price guests on this BBC Wales radio show discussing the Cure book, he comes in around 1 hr 10 min mark, after Starman by David Bowie

I watched him doing a talk yesterday about it. Very entertaining. Super interesting.

The Q&A afterwards; someone asked "Are you the devil?" Lamest question ever. What a zinger.   

Quote from: gilbertharding on November 13, 2023, 10:02:52 AM*quiet Ayup*

#htfpb
That was mint. An exciting new format, that won't require quite so much prep for each episode. Now I'm wondering what other ones they'll cover that would fit the rule of videos you wouldn't have had a chance to see on TOTP. Jazzin' for Blue Jean is the only one that leaps to mind...

pigamus

Quote from: gilbertharding on November 13, 2023, 10:02:52 AM*quiet Ayup*

#htfpb

I was thinking only yesterday that Al should do something like that to keep us going

Never understood why every episode needs to be 14 hours long

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: pigamus on November 13, 2023, 06:43:49 PMNever understood why every episode needs to be 14 hours long

I'm very much up for 14 hour episodes.

non capisco

It really is the only podcast where if one was two days long I would punch the air.

Saving the Patreon ep for tomorrow's commute but delighted that this new strand has been introduced to the CMP universe.

LordMorgan

Quote from: Tokyo van Ramming on November 13, 2023, 11:07:39 PMI'm very much up for 14 hour episodes.

You know that Halloween episode of the Simpsons where Bart forces Krusty to be continually forever on air

That's what's I'd  do for chart music podcast. Except I wouldn't as I love the gang too much to much

centristmelt

I'd be up for Taylor just saying "you know what I mean" for 24 hours.

phantom_power

Quote from: extraordinary walnuts on November 13, 2023, 06:43:07 PMThat was mint. An exciting new format, that won't require quite so much prep for each episode. Now I'm wondering what other ones they'll cover that would fit the rule of videos you wouldn't have had a chance to see on TOTP. Jazzin' for Blue Jean is the only one that leaps to mind...

There are loads that wouldn't be played due to content, like Smack My Bitch Up, All is Full of Love or Windowlicker/Come To Daddy

Egyptian Feast

Listening to the first Sigue Sigue Sputnik album as homework. Shakin' Suicide.

I quite like it tbh, but they really needed a few undeniable bangers like Frankie had to live up to the hype.

pigamus

Quote from: centristmelt on November 13, 2023, 11:57:16 PMI'd be up for Taylor just saying "you know what I mean" for 24 hours.

On Neil's birthday I nearly tweeted 'happy birthday in a sense' but I thought I'd look like a cunt

Quote from: phantom_power on November 14, 2023, 10:16:14 AMThere are loads that wouldn't be played due to content, like Smack My Bitch Up, All is Full of Love or Windowlicker/Come To Daddy
Ah of course. I suppose Undercover of the Night would count as well.

It's right towards the end of the Chart Music timeline but Witness (1 Hope) by Roots Manuva would be a fun one to do

boki

I wonder if they'll return to Relax - they've already covered it on the pod, but the Beeb refused to play the song on the episode.

Chicory

Quote from: pigamus on November 14, 2023, 11:45:32 AMOn Neil's birthday I nearly tweeted 'happy birthday in a sense' but I thought I'd look like a cunt

Have an emetic one