Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,802
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:23:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtpromises

Quote from: Mister Six on June 15, 2022, 04:04:05 AMPeople mock Linehan for not getting any work, but I was watching the 2019 Chinese film Nezha and saw he made a cameo appearance in that.

Spoiler alert
[close]
Very on the nose for BC to try and trap the somewhat gender fluid Nezha.  One trailer kinda tackles the dreaded bathroom issue

stonkers

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 14, 2022, 10:06:49 PM

BRB just going to pose my cat next to my collection of swords, take a photo then post online with a transphobic comment.

shoulders

If you're in trouble he will save the day.

He's brave and he's feminist, nice to gays.

Bequeathed his intelligence to an ashtray.

He's Gary, Gary, Gary, Glinner

Without his wife he's not a grinner.

Trawling the aisles at midnight for

His carbonara Tesco dinner.

He's Gary, Gary, Gary Glinner.

Most bananas cunt of century winner

Proof if you huff enough paint thinner

You become Principal Skinner.

Master of the wit and the repartee

The remaining 9 subscribers all agree.

What happened to that Musical?

Don't ask me!

Ask Gary, Gary, Gary Glinner,

He torched his career to be on Twitter

And if you race your car bed

Then he just might come round and sit in her.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 15, 2022, 07:53:53 AM

so what's going on here?

obvs. starts with someone pointedly not using Izzard's preferred pronouns so hopefully Shappi = non-terf and good for her but I don't know the context.

Off topic but I'm amazed I ever had any time for Mark Steel.  It's just twitter but that is just the very definition of shite Radio 4 patter.

Quote from: Pink Gregory on June 15, 2022, 08:33:00 AMobvs. starts with someone pointedly not using Izzard's preferred pronouns so hopefully Shappi = non-terf and good for her but I don't know the context.

I think that's about it, I'm not sure if there was a particular incident to spark it this time - it's usually when Eddie gets some press.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 15, 2022, 08:51:52 AMI think that's about it, I'm not sure if there was a particular incident to spark it this time - it's usually when Eddie gets some press.

Something about her (Eddie) being a patron of Humanists Uk or something like that?

Luckily if you're not in the cult, raving about 'transgender ideology' does make one sound like a conspiracist loon.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Pink Gregory on June 15, 2022, 08:33:00 AMso what's going on here?

obvs. starts with someone pointedly not using Izzard's preferred pronouns so hopefully Shappi = non-terf and good for her but I don't know the context.

Off topic but I'm amazed I ever had any time for Mark Steel.  It's just twitter but that is just the very definition of shite Radio 4 patter.

Izzard did a Cafod appeal for kids in Yemen that aired during the Soccer Aid ITV broadcast on Sunday.  Then 'Eddie Izzard' became a trending topic as a lot of WTF MATE!?! tweets flew from the phones of people who couldn't give a fuck about a humanitarian crisis but were outraged Dermot O'Leary had said "she".

While I didn't see Shappi get involved myself - when I clicked the topic on twitter that first tweet she'd replied too was one of the first couple shown.

Pink Gregory

Good for Shappi, frankly.  Every public figure that doesn't entertain these hateful cunts is a bonus. 

dead-ced-dead

They put so much importance in their own opinion.

"I've never been more disappointed by a comedian..."

So? Who cares? You're not their friend or family member so why should anyone care?

And if your respect is conditional on your pronouns, why should Eddie seek your respect?

Pink Gregory

Maybe they think that they have some power over performers because their success basically relies on a ceetain amount of approval.

Kankurette

Khorsandi's right, though. If you're going to be GC online, fucking own it.

Izzard's coining it in anyway, I doubt she cares about a few people being 'disappointed' at her.

Barry Admin

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on June 15, 2022, 09:04:46 AMThey put so much importance in their own opinion.

"I've never been more disappointed by a comedian..."

So? Who cares? You're not their friend or family member so why should anyone care?

To be fair though, it's the sort of thing we surely often say ourselves.  Saying it directly to Khorsandi was a whole other level of self-important cuntiness, though. 

Khorsandi's "you're anonymous though" argument is pretty shit tbh.

dead-ced-dead

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 15, 2022, 10:07:44 AMTo be fair though, it's the sort of thing we surely often say ourselves.  Saying it directly to Khorsandi was a whole other level of self-important cuntiness, though. 

Khorsandi's "you're anonymous though" argument is pretty shit tbh.

Yeah, it's not up to Shappi to take shitty little comments in public, but equating online anonymity with cowardice is a poor argument when the same principle also applies to LGBT+ (and political dissidents etc) people who would genuinely be under threat if they didn't post under a pseudonym. 

Teachers are told to use a different name on social media so that their pupils can't look them up, it's not an unusual practice.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Pink Gregory on June 15, 2022, 10:25:08 AMTeachers are told to use a different name on social media so that their pupils can't look them up, it's not an unusual practice.

Some of them were pretty stupid, we made short work of "Not Mr Higgins".

Stigdu

Quote from: Kankurette on June 15, 2022, 09:49:34 AMKhorsandi's right, though. If you're going to be GC online, fucking own it.

Izzard's coining it in anyway, I doubt she cares about a few people being 'disappointed' at her.

What is 'GC'?

Dr Rock

Quote from: Stigdu on June 15, 2022, 10:59:41 AMWhat is 'GC'?

'Gender Critical', a name terfs prefer to terfs.
For a potted history of Linehan's crimes and misdemeanors, check out page one of any of these threads x

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Stigdu on June 15, 2022, 10:59:41 AMWhat is 'GC'?

If this is sincere, read the first post of page one of this thread, it has an exhaustive summary of what's going on.

Stigdu

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 15, 2022, 11:05:39 AM'Gender Critical', a name terfs prefer to terfs.
For a potted history of Linehan's crimes and misdemeanors, check out page one of any of these threads x

Thank you!

yaktaur

idunnosomename

Someone asked her what software

QuoteI don't know it might be Microsoft word, or it might be Mac OS adding the alt text to the pictures?

Its funny because she could make more of a point about captured ideology if she understood the alt tag was written by a human and is embedded in the file header

Sonny_Jim

Silicon Valley trans cabal, mate.  Programming our AI to treat us as genderless creatures.  It's true, some mad Irish twat said so.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 15, 2022, 12:17:33 PM

Ok, so ... she's complaining that they explicitly botch the automatic alt text generation to appease transgenders?
if yes, i wonder how long it'll take for one of these people to shoot up a pizza joint.

Alberon

It is repeatedly amazing just how powerful the trans lobby is and at the same time so absolutely weak.

wrec

The land of lots of rocks and Beamish's most popular call-in radio idiot Joe Duffy has been hosting and encouraging terf insanity on his show for the last week, to the point that Dublin Pride have ended their partnership with RTE. Unusual amount of "what is a woman?" replies on Twitter. I haven't heard any of the radio stuff but it does seem to coming across as extreme and unhinged. Wouldn't be surprised if BC is interviewed somewhere in the midst of this, but at least if he is he's guaranteed to display maximum lunacy.

There was also a transphobic opinion piece in the Sunday Independent, but significantly, and typically, the writer is one of the far right / racist / anti-gay marriage / anti-abortion regulars.

Kelvin

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 15, 2022, 01:29:09 AMMumsnet- Great news - another prominent comedian has come out as GC!
Musnet- Oooh, who? Dara O'Brien? Sandi Toksvig? Alexia Sayle?
Mumsnet - Nope... Rob Schneider!
Mumsnet -Who??

Literally every poster read this in the style of the Rimmer song.

phantom_power

Quote from: Alberon on June 15, 2022, 01:20:36 PMIt is repeatedly amazing just how powerful the trans lobby is and at the same time so absolutely weak.

And how is this lobby so powerful? The money to be made from such a small demographic must be pretty minimal and such lobbies don't come from wanting to be "woke" so where do they think the money and power are coming from? The general trend of lobbies is to suit the vested interests and allow rich people to get richer. There is no scope for that with trans lobbying.

Religious and/or right wing groups are much more likely to have the money and power to lobby, which is what we are seeing now with the pushback on progress and women's/gay/transgender rights when we know these ideas are broadly popular