Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:04:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Burgers

Started by Greg Torso, July 03, 2022, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Torso

Quote from: Replies From View on July 03, 2022, 08:56:45 PMDoes it work if you try to personify those seven burgers as the actors playing Doctor Who 1963-1989? 

Sure, this would make William Hartnell the "mewling, puking, beshitted nappy-wearing baby" and Sylvester McCoy the "great polka dot leveller", which is fine. Although McCoy is a type of crisp and you would have two bakers in there which might get confusing.

shoulders

Quote from: Replies From View on July 04, 2022, 10:36:47 AMAges, like a couple of ice ages

How age old is an ice age old?

madhair60

Quote from: The Mollusk on July 04, 2022, 08:41:30 AMAt the CaB meet in Cambridge the burgers/chips from their pop up vendor were among the saltiest fucking things I'd ever eaten. I couldn't even finish the chips because it felt like the lining of the inside of my mouth was being stripped inside out. So yeah, highly recommend that place if salt's your poison.

yeah that was fucking odd wunnit

still ate them all mind, want to die.

Replies From View

Quote from: shoulders on July 04, 2022, 11:28:37 AMHow age old is an ice age old?

Just the one age old per ice age old

hamfist

Halloumi & Portobello mushroom for
me. Transcendental. Exceeds the shit they call "meat" in conventional patties. Umami, juice, texture. I squirt.

Blue Jam

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The current date has reminded me of a Super Bowl viewing party we once had. We all had to bring something to eat, so I tried to think of the most American food possible and arrived at "Pizza Burger" - a gigantic burger, sandwiched between two pizzas. It was really quite delicious, being a bit like a lazy man's lasagne. Lazmagne. Boy howdy, but it was filling though. It was like the Lembas bread in Lord of the Rings - one bite could fill you up for a day.

Blue Jam

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on July 04, 2022, 03:06:31 PMThe current date has reminded me of a Super Bowl viewing party we once had. We all had to bring something to eat, so I tried to think of the most American food possible and arrived at "Pizza Burger" - a gigantic burger, sandwiched between two pizzas. It was really quite delicious, being a bit like a lazy man's lasagne. Lazmagne. Boy howdy, but it was filling though. It was like the Lembas bread in Lord of the Rings - one bite could fill you up for a day.

A pub near me did these, but looked more like a burger pie with a pizza topping, unfortunately they closed down before I got around to it.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Probably because it killed someone. Either by heart attack, or stopped up guts.

Gurke and Hare

This thread has made me want a burger so that's what I'm having for tea. What are the best supermarket burgers? I quite like the Heck chicken burgers but they're bad because they let Boris Johnson do a photo-op there during the election campaign. Also, they have a shit name.