Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:15:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

ambient/chillout/jazz/instrumental-hip-hop artist I'm trying to remember name of

Started by willbo, July 22, 2021, 10:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willbo

I used to listen to their albums on youtube

they would roughly fit into the genres listed above I think

They have an album cover with a scary clown face on it, and another one with an elephant among psychedelic flowers and colours (I think), both painted in a kind of lurid bright comic book/van art style

They have a one word, long weird name beginning with D - I keep thinking Geodaddi (the BOC album) sounds a bit like the word, it has an H and I in it - something like Dhagoogi

willbo

thanks!

dunno what the album with the scary clown is...still looking for that and I guess it's by a similar artist...

olliebean

A bit up himself, isn't he?

Quote from: Degiheugi (with help from Google Translate)Very early on, Degiheugi consumed LPs and made the decks roar in a rap formation. But the realm of classical hip-hop quickly becomes cramped to handle the influx of ideas incessantly irrigating its right hemisphere. Collector of sounds, explorer of the ideal sample, Degiheugi sets off to unearth still raw nuggets, slumbering in the abysses of the Web and under the dust of past decades. He is reinventing the art of fusing these sound particles to give them a second life to atomic radiation. Impregnated with 5-star featurings or beats with a goldsmith's groove, these dazzling patchworks widen the magnetic field of abstract (hip-hop) codes, and reveal chemically pure music, bursting with soul reflections, electronic spleen and melodic flashes.