Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:28:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nazi charity investigated

Started by touchingcloth, June 30, 2022, 09:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: bgmnts on July 02, 2022, 10:03:17 AMDo you understand the difference between George Floyd and black people in america's situation and Capt Tom Moore and his family's situation?

So you're saying BLM should get away with looting millions of dollars because they're black? Fuck all the genuinely needy black people who could have benefited from that money eh. Don't hold them to account.

bgmnts

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 02, 2022, 10:38:33 AMSo you're saying BLM should get away with looting millions of dollars because they're black? Fuck all the genuinely needy black people who could have benefited from that money eh. Don't hold them to account.

Just asking if you understand the difference.

JamesTC

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 02, 2022, 10:38:33 AMSo you're saying BLM should get away with looting millions of dollars because they're black? Fuck all the genuinely needy black people who could have benefited from that money eh. Don't hold them to account.

It's what Captain Tom would have wanted.

Barry Admin

Looting is an interesting choice of word to use.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Yawnnn. Your wokest man on the planet credentials remain strong, Barry. I didn't even want to talk about this, but here's another receipt since y'all won't let it lie.

https://fee.org/articles/george-floyd-riots-caused-record-setting-2-billion-in-damage-new-report-says-here-s-why-the-true-cost-is-even-higher/

JamesTC

Using woke as an insult is pretty mask off.

kittens

don't click that link, i did and my pc got a big virus!!!!

jobotic

QuoteThe Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) is an American conservative, libertarian economic think tank.[4][5][6] Founded in 1948 in New York City, FEE is now headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. It is a member of the State Policy Network.[7][8]

FEE offers publications, lectures, and student workshops promoting market principles.
Views
FEE states that its mission is to promote principles of "individual liberty, free-market economics, entrepreneurship, private property, high moral character, and limited government."[11] Friedrich Hayek described FEE's goal as "nothing more nor less than the defense of our civilization against intellectual error."

Any more?

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 02, 2022, 10:58:04 AMYawnnn. Your wokest man on the planet credentials remain strong, Barry. I didn't even want to talk about this, but here's another receipt since y'all won't let it lie.

https://fee.org/articles/george-floyd-riots-caused-record-setting-2-billion-in-damage-new-report-says-here-s-why-the-true-cost-is-even-higher/

QuoteBrad Polumbo (@Brad_Polumbo) is a libertarian-conservative journalist and Policy Correspondent at the Foundation for Economic Education.

Do a Polumbo.

Took one glance at the front page of that news website I've never heard of and wow what a surprise it's all bog-standard blubbering U.S. conservative stuff. Waah why did those black people have to damage all those businesses why can't they just sit quietly forever and ever while a racist militarised police force keeps murdering them.

touchingcloth

I see no problems at all in conflating BLM with the Black Lives Matter Global Network.

Do Anonymous do anything dodgy with their donations?

kittens

oh yeah. there arent leaders of black lives matter are they. like saying the leaders of "hey hey ho ho boris johnson has to go". some chancers might have set up a charity called black lives matter but it obviously isn't the same thing is it you stupid dumass. but i don't care about that. i care about captain tim and his brave walk around his grounds. This is the 1 thing I care about and I would hate to ever read anything negative about him

Kankurette

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 02, 2022, 10:58:04 AMYawnnn. Your wokest man on the planet credentials remain strong, Barry. I didn't even want to talk about this, but here's another receipt since y'all won't let it lie.

You tell us to 'be better' and then you go and use 'woke' as an insult. The mask always slips in the end with you lot, doesn't it?

What is your point? George Floyd wasn't a good person, but don't you understand that the police crushing a man to death is not a good thing? Because even if you think Floyd had it coming, how do you explain Tamir Rice? Trayvon Martin? Elijah McClain, for fuck's sake? It sets a precedent.

And before you get angry with me, no, I've never made any jokes about Captain Tom being a paedo or a Nazi, feel free to check my posts.

jobotic

Our man in the R Kelly thread

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on June 30, 2022, 11:27:53 AMBloody racist justice system dragging down another successful black man!

Think we get it.

Who were you before?

kittens

i have also never made jokes about captain tom being a paedo or a nazi. Factual statements on the other hand..............

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Kankurette on July 02, 2022, 11:21:38 AMYou tell us to 'be better' and then you go and use 'woke' as an insult. The mask always slips in the end with you lot, doesn't it?

What is your point? George Floyd wasn't a good person, but don't you understand that the police crushing a man to death is not a good thing? Because even if you think Floyd had it coming, how do you explain Tamir Rice? Trayvon Martin? Elijah McClain, for fuck's sake? It sets a precedent.

And before you get angry with me, no, I've never made any jokes about Captain Tom being a paedo or a Nazi, feel free to check my posts.

Am I going mental? What are you on about? I was talking about the looting of charity funds and the sickening media hagiography of Floyd, which was infinitely worse than anything CT got. I wasn't justifying his murder but I don't think it's worth burning down cities and engaging in mass worship of him either.

Also if you want I can explain all those cases.

bgmnts

Okay c'mon now they've established themselves as a racist troll because they just can't help it, so let's just leave it eh. Nothing to be gained here, not even good sport.

Kankurette

It wasn't just about George Floyd. George Floyd being murdered by police was a match to a fuse. And considering your snide comment about R Kelly, I don't think I want to hear your takes. Let me guess, the autistic man shouldn't have danced in the street if he didn't want to get murdered by police.

Did people even worship George Floyd? I seem to remember plenty of hit pieces on him.

(Barry, don't worry, I'm putting him on ignore. For everyone's sakes.)

Martin Van Buren Stan

God you're all so fucking blind. How is it racist to criticize the mass hysteria media hagiography of George Floyd? You don't think the gold coffin was a bit OTT?  Or the thousands of murals?

This is absolutely no different to a bunch of gammons accusing you of hating the troops is you fail to worship captain Tom. I know you'll never see it, though.

Also go and FUCK yourself @kankruette you ignorant prick. Trayvon Martin wasn't even killed by a cop you fucking idiot so I don't want to hear your ignorant takes on it. Maybe you've got Trayvon mixed up with another black person. Do they all look alike to you?

kittens

jobotic

The colour of George Floyd's coffin upsets you? What the fuck does it have to do with you?

Demented hysteria indeed.

idunnosomename

Im sorry we all need to start making fun of the legacy of a black man who was murdered by a police officer when he hadn't even committed a crime, in order to balance out making fun of a family who cynically used world war ii nostalgia during a global pandemic to use their 100 year old grandad to sell gin.

George Floyd eh. What a big wally getting buried in a gold coffin!!!

tourism

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 02, 2022, 11:33:46 AMGod you're all so fucking blind. How is it racist to criticize the mass hysteria media hagiography of George Floyd? You don't think the gold coffin was a bit OTT?  Or the thousands of murals?

This is absolutely no different to a bunch of gammons accusing you of hating the troops is you fail to worship captain Tom. I know you'll never see it, though.

Also go and FUCK yourself @kankruette you ignorant prick. Trayvon Martin wasn't even killed by a cop you fucking idiot so I don't want to hear your ignorant takes on it. Maybe you've got Trayvon mixed up with another black person. Do they all look alike to you?

this is feeble

Mobius

I didn't expect him to have a meltdown that quickly

Martin Van Buren Stan

Why are you doing this? Why are pretending not to see my point about the media hysteria / charity looting? What about Madeline McCann, why did she deserve the abuse she got here? Or maybe when people were making jokes about her those jokes weren't actually *about her*, they were vicariously attacking the media hysteria.

touchingcloth

The media missed the point with Nazi Tom. Fundamentally it is a bad thing that an organisation like NHS Charities Together needs to exist, so cheerleading a 100 year old man trudging round his garden to help them is mad, and rather than highlighting just how fucked the NHS is it felt like it did the opposite and let us pat Tom and ourselves on the back rather than trying to address the underlying structural problems. Hence the catharsis of calling their totem a Nazi pedo. Ultimately his walk was about as useful as banging pots and pans.

BLM on the other hand did and carries on doing a good job of challenging people to address certain issues, and has resulted in actual positive changes to address some of those issues, in a way that feels like more than just a sticking plaster. It hasn't addressed all of the problems of course, but it's highlighting causes rather than symptoms, and I don't think it's given many people a reason to pat themselves on the back. It's a massive movement and it's not at all surprising it would attract chancers and fraudsters. Tom didn't trigger a movement, and the people behind his prominence seemed cynical and fraudulent from the get-go.

to;dr: It'd be nice if Tom had inspired people to get mad and smash some shit.

JamesTC

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 02, 2022, 11:54:27 AMThe media missed the point with Nazi Tom. Fundamentally it is a bad thing that an organisation like NHS Charities Together needs to exist, so cheerleading a 100 year old man trudging round his garden to help them is mad, and rather than highlighting just how fucked the NHS is it felt like it did the opposite and let us pat Tom and ourselves on the back rather than trying to address the underlying structural problems. Hence the catharsis of calling their totem a Nazi pedo. Ultimately his walk was about as useful as banging pots and pans.

BLM on the other hand did and carries on doing a good job of challenging people to address certain issues, and has resulted in actual positive changes to address some of those issues, in a way that feels like more than just a sticking plaster. It hasn't addressed all of the problems of course, but it's highlighting causes rather than symptoms, and I don't think it's given many people a reason to pat themselves on the back. It's a massive movement and it's not at all surprising it would attract chancers and fraudsters. Tom didn't trigger a movement, and the people behind his prominence seemed cynical and fraudulent from the get-go.

to;dr: It'd be nice if Tom had inspired people to get mad and smash some shit.

I agree with some of this. I think you're downplaying how damaging the BLM riots were though. About 25 people were murdered during them and many black communities were destroyed.

Interestingly your defense of BLM reminds me of Tommy Robinson's defense of the EDL. He always said it was such a big movement he couldn't be held responsible for the actions of all its members. Of course the EDL didn't burn down cities and murder dozens of people but you get my point.

tourism

shoulders

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 02, 2022, 12:01:34 PMI agree with some of this. I think you're downplaying how damaging the BLM riots were though. About 25 people were murdered during them and many black communities were destroyed.

Interestingly your defense of BLM reminds me of Tommy Robinson's defense of the EDL. He always said it was such a big movement he couldn't be held responsible for the actions of all its members. Of course the EDL didn't burn down cities and murder dozens of people but you get my point.

Your arguments are continually disingenuous and aimed at provoking others, then when getting your reaction, climbing back to a position of faux earnestness and naivety when challenged.

I think we've seen that before.