Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:58:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indomitable Spirit

Would love to powerbomb Steve Baker through a pile of burning tables

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on July 07, 2022, 09:19:32 AMAnyone who believes he won't spend the next three months scheming as to how to keep hold of power is a fool. He must be removed now.

Get Starmer GONE

Fambo Number Mive

Be interesting to see how he is going to fill his Cabinet while caretaker PM. Unless some of those who resigned will come back in, but I doubt he will agree to that.

Can Starmer do a "caretaker" and "my dad was a toolmaker" joke?

kittens

he will be remembered as a absolute legend., remember boris theyll say what a legend. He's funny A legend

pancreas

Missed this. What a stupid woman she is

QuoteCaitlin Moran
@caitlinmoran
·
16h
The beautiful thing is that you don't JUST loose Johnson - if he goes, Nadine Dorries and Jacob Rees Mogg go too. Total BOGOF.

The Giggling Bean

As much as I hate Johnson, he was the best advert for showing how shit the Conservatives are. He's been blatant about the lies and corruption and made a lot of people finally realise how corrupt and self serving they are.

Now he's going I'm concerned that the replacement will be a lot slicker and manage to convince the public that they're worth voting for again. The press will give them a honeymoon period then back them to the hilt come the next GE.

I've no confidence in Starmer to do anything different but I would prefer to see the Tories get booted out.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote@GeorgeFreemanMP
Boris Johnson needs to hand in the seals of office, apologise to Her Majesty & advise her to call for a Caretaker Prime Minister.

To take over today so that Ministers can get back to work & we can choose a new Conservative Leader to try & repair the damage & rebuild trust.

Let's hope other former Tory ministers say the same. Wonder what the seals think?

BritishHobo

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on July 07, 2022, 09:40:57 AMWould love to powerbomb Steve Baker through a pile of burning tables

What an absolute guffcloud he is. The most mealymouthed attempt to position himself as a potential candidate. As strong as a wet paper bag.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: kittens on July 07, 2022, 09:42:13 AMhe will be remembered as a absolute legend., remember boris theyll say what a legend. He's funny A legend

Churchill turns in his grave and dreams a dream of halcyon futures.

QuoteThe Spectator's James Forsyth says there is growing support in the Conservative party for the proposal that Boris Johnson should be forced to stand aside almost immediately so that Dominic Raab can take over as a caretaker PM.

When ooo try to hang on three months too long
and try to mount a coup on party
Then welcome
Fat fuck off welcome
In Raaaaaaab

BlodwynPig

Quote from: The Giggling Bean on July 07, 2022, 09:43:41 AMAs much as I hate Johnson, he was the best advert for showing how shit the Conservatives are. He's been blatant about the lies and corruption and made a lot of people finally realise how corrupt and self serving they are.

Now he's going I'm concerned that the replacement will be a lot slicker and manage to convince the public that they're worth voting for again. The press will give them a honeymoon period then back them to the hilt come the next GE.

I've no confidence in Starmer to do anything different but I would prefer to see the Tories get booted out.

This old chestnut is piped out every time a conservative leader is on the precipice... and it turns out to be true (except for the 'slicker' bit).

"If you've got a history book at home, take it out, throw it in the bin, it's worthless! The history books now will have it to be rewritten."
"What will they say?"
"They'll quite simply say Boris Johnson resigned, everything else is a footnote."
"Can you some it up in a word?"
"No."
"A sound?"
"Woooooarghh!"

The Giggling Bean

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 07, 2022, 09:45:21 AMThis old chestnut is piped out every time a conservative leader is on the precipice... and it turns out to be true (except for the 'slicker' bit).

They'd have to go with some relative unknown considering the swivel eyed loons Johnson surrounded himself with. I've never heard of Steve Baker before but, based on what's been wrote here, he sounds another wrong un (well he is a Conservative after all).

ajsmith2

Quote from: Urinal Cake on July 07, 2022, 09:25:29 AMThat's too bad. There might've been a good bet on what happens first: Queen dead or Boris out.

Gotta fess up here, even it reveals me as Emma Kennedy 2.0: I'll be glad (if) Queen outlives Boris's pitiful tenure. He doesn't deserve to get to capitalize out of Dead Quin Day/Week/Month/Year. You can imagine the 'she came in with Churchill, now she leaves with me, Churchill 2' crap.  Also I admit I'm fascinated by Quin's longevity, just like it amazes me that Henry Kissinger was a noted political commentator on/for the fucking Eisenhower administration and is still around to stick his oar in re: Ukraine 2022. I know she's pure evil but I'm in awe of the endurance and I want her to burn through even more PMs while reaching ever more unprecedented heights of decrepitness.

That made little sense I know but fuckit post.

shoulders

We don't get changes of government anymore, just a sort of feudal style wrangling over succession. Are some of the public even aware that other political parties can form government?

Anyway, all hail our shiny new right wing arsehole Tory PM. What a day. Anyone posting that they're cracking open the bubbly needs a fucking slap.

poo

Buelligan

Quote from: pancreas on July 07, 2022, 09:19:32 AMAnyone who believes he won't spend the next three months scheming as to how to keep hold of power is a fool. He must be removed now.

Absolutely this.  He's a dangerous undemocratic liar.  He cannot be trusted.  That is the top and bottom of it, why on earth, by all that's sane, would anyone allow him to remain as PM?

WON'T ANYBODY THINK OF THE COUNTRY ???!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!

idunnosomename

Emma Kennedy isnt happy btw. She wants him out properly. Never satisfied some people!

JamesTC

Unfortunately I must confirm that Johnson has lost my support. I cannot countenance a Prime Minister who would not stick around until he gets 69 resignations for a laugh.

Cuellar

I was on my bike when it was announced, and I'll never forget where I was.

bgmnts

Cunts GONE.

This can only be a bad thing for us right? This is like a shit manager resigning from a powerhouse football team.

Buelligan

It's just fucking bizarre and shows the complete lack of respect the tory party has for the people of Britain and the proper governance of the country that they think they can sell the idea that Johnson is too corrupt and unreliable to head the Party but can be left running the fucking country.  Completely outrageous.

Indomitable Spirit

The thing with Boris is that he is an absolute legend. The Tories need to find a bigger legend or there will be a legend vacuum at the top of UK politics that will cause shockwaves through the markets.

idunnosomename

Boris Johnson Boris Johnson Boris Johnson Boris Johnson

Hey! Boris Johnson

Fambo Number Mive

Disappointed Starmer isn't calling for Johnson to go now. Although if he sticks around as caretake for a few months will he make the Tories look even worse? No doubt he is very angry at the ministers who resigned and most Tory MPs. I wonder if he will spill the beans on anyone.

Opposition parties should be saying Johnson should go now and putting pressure on Tory MPs to say the same.

oggyraiding

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/05/who-are-the-favourites-to-succeed-boris-johnson

Not sure how accurate this is, but Mordaunt being most likely to replace Johnson? Seems a bit far-fetched. I can see Dishy Rishi doing it though.

Buelligan

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 07, 2022, 10:02:03 AMDisappointed Starmer isn't calling for Johnson to go now. Although if he sticks around as caretake for a few months will he make the Tories look even worse? No doubt he is very angry at the ministers who resigned and most Tory MPs. I wonder if he will spill the beans on anyone.

Opposition parties should be saying Johnson should go now and putting pressure on Tory MPs to say the same.

I expect Starmer's worried that Johnson might decide to stand for the leadership of Labour.

Fambo Number Mive

Not sure if the Guardian is trying to get our hopes up:

QuoteTwo ex-ministers have told the Guardian they think it not possible for Johnson to stay till the autumn.

One said: "He needs to be gone by tonight, Raab should take over." Another said: "He needs to hand in the seals of office today and go. So we can have a caretaker PM."

Another highly senior Tory source who has been with Johnson over the past 48 hours said his behaviour meant it was dangerous for the country for him to stay. The source said:

His behaviour in the last 48 hrs and been reckless and erratic. He cannot be trusted to lead the country until the autumn. God knows what he will do.

One former government adviser said it was "dangerous" for Johnson to stay in post. Another ex-minister called him "a disgrace".

I see the Guardian already have a new "please give us money" referencing Johnson's resignation.

Quote from: oggyraiding on July 07, 2022, 10:02:08 AMhttps://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/05/who-are-the-favourites-to-succeed-boris-johnson

Not sure how accurate this is, but Mordaunt being most likely to replace Johnson? Seems a bit far-fetched. I can see Dishy Rishi doing it though.

vanilla.coffee may have infiltrated the bookies.