Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:17:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Creator (2023) - new original SF movie

Started by surreal, October 01, 2023, 03:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Are the next couple of years going to feature a constant stream of sci-fi movies using the ideas that were dropped when Disney fucked over various different would-be Star Wars directors?

I sort of want to watch this, but I'm also aware that I'll probably come off the back of it thing "Well, what was the point of that?"

Although I watched Self Reliance this year, so it's not like I don't have form.

Jim_MacLaine

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 11, 2023, 07:20:41 PMBetter than Blade Runner. Both of 'em but yes, even the first one. FIGHT ME.

*Spits out tea*

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I think I watched The Creator about a month ago. I say think as I can't remember a thing about it apart from some nice art direction/production design.

Disappointing as Rogue One is my favourite of the non-original-trilogy SW fillums.

Better than Blade Runner indeed.

Glebe

Watched it last night, I thought it was pretty good. Nothing Earth-shattering but decent.

Inspector Norse

This was tonight's film. Or movie, if you prefer.
An interesting film with a solid concept and intriguing themes, and it looks great, but suffers from an arbitrary plot that - especially in the second half - veers into "wait what?" territory with characters suddenly turning up in new locations with no real explanation as to how they got there or what they're doing there.
Acting is solid - the kid is really good - and the production design is sensational. Poster above who said that the choppy editing was a problem is spot on: would have liked it to linger more on the striking images and vistas.
Overall it feels like a film where the studio told the director it needed more explosions and fewer introspective plotty bits. Shame.

surreal

Corridor Crew episode about the visual effects is pretty interesting, with Gareth Edwards explaining how things were done and why: