Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:28:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Beekeeper (2024 Jason Statham film)

Started by Mister Six, January 16, 2024, 03:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

What's most annoying about this film is that Stateman doesn't kill anyone with bees. I was hoping he'd shout, "BEES ASSEMBLE!" at some point and then the bees would form themselves into a massive foot and kick someone in the face.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Mister Six

Quote from: Captain Z on January 16, 2024, 10:10:39 PMSurely the twist should be that the bees come and form a protective cloud to catch him after he jumps out the window.

It's a ground floor window, so he just scurries off down a lawn.

Blumf

Quote from: madhair60 on January 16, 2024, 07:28:26 PMthis cunt never kept a bee in his life.

The Beekeeper 2 : Taking the Apis

Hard man Statham has his bee keeping abilities questioned by a user on an insular internet forum. Vowing to track down the cheeky twat, he works his way through each and every member of the chatroom only to find they're more than happy to help, some even offering to call him an Uber.

Cast:
Wronged Beekeeper : Jason Statham
madhair60 : Wallace Shawn
Forum user offering a nice cup of tea : Rob Schneider

dissolute ocelot

dead-ced-dead

I think you're flattering Madhair with that casting, frankly.

Gulftastic

Beekeeper III: The Leisure Hive

Aging Beekeeper- Statham
The Doctor - Dev out off of Corrie
Romana II - Emmy Rossum

Butchers Blind

Beekeeper IV: The BeeHeMoth

Statham and his bee friends fight a giant moth from destroying the city of Kent.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I just want to see him dance again.

Why has no enterprising director written a dancing scene in a film exclusively for the Stat? It'd be as iconic as Travolta in Pulp Fiction.

Gulftastic

Shekeeper V - The Wokening

Female lead sequel, where the bees fight the birds.

jobotic

Quote from: Butchers Blind on January 17, 2024, 12:32:59 AMSome bloke behind me in the cinema clocked that as well and said in way that was too loud, "That's the old Sheppey bridge, guaranteed."
Apparently the whole film was shot in the UK.

Would like to see a Stateham film set in the Isle of Sheppey with him punching and kicking his way around the inbreds on the island.

Jason Statham is Swale Holt.

Head Gardener

Glebe

Statham's let one bee escape. Wouldn't 'bee' a problem except that it's really big.

Glebe

dissolute ocelot

Where's the Animal Liberation Front going around setting bees free? People shouldn't keep bees.

Gulftastic

Will the Stath's death-blow one liners all revolve around puns involving bees?

'To bee or not to bee...'
'Buzz off, creep.'

Etc...

Mister Six

At least one of those actually turns up in the film, but not said by Statham.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Mister Six on January 19, 2024, 03:34:24 PMAt least one of those actually turns up in the film, but not said by Statham.

Someone says that to Statham before Statham smashes his head through a wall, I'm guessing?

Mister Six

Butchers Blind

If you're into your pollinators you will be(e) disappointed by the film.  Despite what the film poster may imply...

...Statham is not a manimal type character made out of millions of bees.

dead-ced-dead

I saw this the other day. This exchange had me howling:

Daughter of victim: I sense some British isles in your accent.
Jason Beekeeper: I was born there.

Which, in screenwriting terms means we have an actor who absolutely cannot do an American accent and we need to cover ourselves.

George White

But then they don't explain Jez Irons'  accent.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: George White on February 06, 2024, 10:45:02 AMBut then they don't explain Jez Irons'  accent.

I suppose they knew Statham would be on board from the start as a producer of the film. And with this being shot in England with 1/2 of the cast doing dodgy accents, they couldn't have every cast member saying, "I was born in England too" "And me!" "I was born in Kent." "This elite cop unite is made up entirely of people who have transatlantic accents."

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The Beekeeper 2: Thoroughly Bee'd Off Mate
Beekeeper vs Beedophile

etc

Blumf

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on February 06, 2024, 09:57:23 AMI saw this the other day. This exchange had me howling:

Daughter of victim: I sense some British isles in your accent.
Jason Beekeeper: I was born there.

Which, in screenwriting terms means we have an actor who absolutely cannot do an American accent and we need to cover ourselves.

Love it when they do this in action films. They always used to get Van Damme's characters to mention that he was Cajun or French Canadian or something like that, although never actually Belgian strangely.