Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,327
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:25:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Beekeeper (2024 Jason Statham film)

Started by Mister Six, January 16, 2024, 03:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on February 06, 2024, 02:56:39 PMLove it when they do this in action films. They always used to get Van Damme's characters to mention that he was Cajun or French Canadian or something like that, although never actually Belgian strangely.
Or Double Impact, where both his characters are British (despite one of them being called Chad), but because he's Belgian, they have to explain why both of them sound French. So, one was raised by French nuns in a Hong Kong orphanage, and the other was raised by his dad's American pal Geoffrey Lewis, in Paris.

Mobius

I just watched this movie and it was incredible.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Bit early to be watching something so hi-octane isn't it?

Quote from: Butchers Blind on January 17, 2024, 04:27:31 PMWhat's most annoying about this film is that Stateman doesn't kill anyone with bees. I was hoping he'd shout, "BEES ASSEMBLE!" at some point and then the bees would form themselves into a massive foot and kick someone in the face.

Or even better, if it was a film about an angry swarm of bees that mass themselves into the shape of Jason Statham and go panelling fuck out of the people who destroyed their hive

dissolute ocelot

Just watched this having posted several times in the thread last month. There is not enough bees, certainly, but IMO it's above-average streaming punchy-kicky, way better than anything with Gerard Butler in it. The coked-up tech bros are horrible and 100% deserve to be tortured to death and I really don't understand why more films don't take the same point of view (surely there should be several movies in which people kill ersatz Musk types for one thing), Jeremy Irons is creepy in the way only he can be, the South African dude is fun (but not in it enough), the woman who appears at the gas station for a couple of minutes trying to kill Stath also has the same wacky costumier as the South African. Meanwhile musical-theatre star Emmy Raver-Lampman is fine as the nice FBI agent and it's reasonably proficient in most areas except the accents (although they did find a few Americans living in London for some of the roles). And a good message about cyber-security - keep proper back-ups or you'll regret it. Plus there are no children anywhere in it. If you want to see Stath going righteously angry and doing lots of hand-to-hand combat, it delivers. Although it's a bit late with its message that sometimes, with humans as with bees, you just have to kill the queen.