Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:51:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sam Mendes' Beatles quadrilogy (2027)

Started by Bad Ambassador, February 20, 2024, 02:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobloblaw

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 20, 2024, 05:03:03 PMMaybe each film really is just going to be from each band member's perspective. Like, exactly the same film, but shot from four different angles.

Like Bohemian Rhapsody would've been if the surviving members had had their way and they hadn't employed a hyperactive editor

markburgle

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on February 20, 2024, 05:10:05 PM...and it's all less done-to-death than the story of the Fab Four themselves, which has already been covered in about 10000 movies...

They've all been shite though, tbf. The only good Beatle-adjacent movie/telly thing was Snodgrass.

I actually like this concept, there's potential in it but the execution will almost certainly be (again) shite

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on February 20, 2024, 05:37:34 PMSomeone called David Batty made a quadrilogy of movies of all four Gospels in the mid 2010s, in Aramaic. He also directed a life of Ian Paisley, Hitler in Colour, and the Michael Caine/1960s doc My Generation. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP.

Butchers Blind

ABBA rashomon would be more entertaining.

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on February 20, 2024, 05:37:34 PMSomeone called David Batty made a quadrilogy of movies of all four Gospels in the mid 2010s, in Aramaic. He also directed a life of Ian Paisley, Hitler in Colour, and the Michael Caine/1960s doc My Generation. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP.

Are The Life of Ian Paisley and Hitler in Colour part of the same quadrilogy?

LordMorgan

Quote from: markburgle on February 20, 2024, 06:44:27 PMThey've all been shite though, tbf. The only good Beatle-adjacent movie/telly thing was Snodgrass.

I actually like this concept, there's potential in it but the execution will almost certainly be (again) shite

Are you mad
It had Ian hart playing John Lennon again except he was on the dole
He left the Beatles and is bitter about their successs
That doesn't work at all

I liked backbeat but haven't seen it in years

This new film project sounds very ambitious
I'm all in

madhair60

SteveDave

Quote from: LordMorgan on February 20, 2024, 07:00:04 PMAre you mad
It had Ian hart playing John Lennon again except he was on the dole
He left the Beatles and is bitter about their successs
That doesn't work at all

I liked backbeat but haven't seen it in years

This new film project sounds very ambitious
I'm all in

You're too pure for this site

Inspector Norse

JOHN will be an edgy BW arthouse drama about the Berlin years

PAUL will be a sentimental romcom about their rise to success

GEORGE will be a mumblecore shakycam documentary about the psychedelic period and the making of the White Album

RINGO will be an animated film about a duck

sevendaughters

just cracking up at the idea of people giving up their Fridays to see ROTOGRAVURE: THE RINGO STARR STORY

Goldentony

TOTAL CUNT: THE RINGO STARR STORY

"he's actually underrated you know!"

[HANS ZIMMER TRAILER DRONE]

"it was the simplicity of his drumming that made the songs"

[DRONE]

"IM TELLIN YER TO FUCK OFF WITH PEACE AND LOVE AND LEAVE ME ALONE"

[piano only cover of the version of Photograph that got him sued by George]

madhair60

dear sam, thanks for the fine movie of yours truly. i watched it on me wall

Blumf

Not even the best film in The Beatles quadrilogy

TheAssassin

Quote from: Goldentony on February 20, 2024, 02:49:57 PMBig Country are more deserving of this

I only know one Big Country joke, and it is better said than written.  Mark Lamarr said it

Stuart Adamson was a Big Country member.  Well, do you remember?

TheAssassin

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 20, 2024, 04:58:02 PMIs it really this easy to make money from Beatles fans?

Better ask Paul and Ringo how many hundreds of millions of Pounds they are worth.

Goldentony

mark lammar would be better off floating around space frozen in dogshit

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: sevendaughters on February 21, 2024, 02:39:12 PMjust cracking up at the idea of people giving up their Fridays to see ROTOGRAVURE: THE RINGO STARR STORY
The first five minutes is the Beatles stuff, but the last 2 hours is - in a move that could only be called "odd" - all about the making of "Ringo The 4th".

Oosp

If Kevin Eldon plays George Martin in all four movies, we have nothing to worry about

Butchers Blind

Can you still watch the other three if you miss the George one for instance?

Captain Z

Isn't it about time we had a female Beatle?

Dr Rock

Hope the Lennon one has early scenes featuring him beating his wife.

TheAssassin

Mister Six

Quote from: bobloblaw on February 20, 2024, 05:42:10 PMLike Bohemian Rhapsody would've been if the surviving members had had their way and they hadn't employed a hyperactive editor

Mrs Six's theory is that the surviving band members all had some kind of contractual rule that they each needed to have exactly the same amount of screentime each, which required loads of mad cutting around whenever they were in the same scene, to ensure parity.

SteveDave

Out of the four Beatles films, I hear that John Lennon has already been shot.

BlodwynPig

I'm not deep in beatles lore so look forward to getting to know the band, the music through these

Oosp

Looking forward to a LOT of Thomas the Tank Engine content

kalowski

Art Bear

Quote from: Inspector Norse on February 21, 2024, 12:44:53 PMJOHN will be an edgy BW arthouse drama about the Berlin years

PAUL will be a sentimental romcom about their rise to success

GEORGE will be a mumblecore shakycam documentary about the psychedelic period and the making of the White Album

RINGO will be an animated film about a duck

I'd watch those.

Gulftastic

If they're a big hit, then there's almost no limit to possible future versions based on anyone who ever got dubbed 'the fifth Beatle'.

idunnosomename

Ringo is like The Hobbit in that they inexplicably take the one with the least material and stretch it out into a separate trilogy