Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:28:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wicked Little Letters (2024 wicked letters film)

Started by Led Souptin, February 25, 2024, 01:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Led Souptin

Watched this last night and it is absolutely delightful, incredible performances from all of the cast and a genuinely funny script. Plenty of huge laugh out moments from the start.

I'm really a sucker for placing swear words into period settings (death of stalin / poor things being two examples I can think of) so this was right up my street. Might wear thin if you don't find that sort of thing funny I guess.

Anyone else seen?

dissolute ocelot

Extra points for Olivia Colman swearing too. Not seen this, but it sounds fun.

phantom_power

I saw the trailer a few weeks ago and it was a rarity in that it really made me want to watch the film when I hadn't heard of it before. Usually trailers seem to do their best to put you off. It helps that the leads are both great actors and very likeable and charismatic

non capisco

Saw it in that slightly uncomfortable atmosphere of a sparsely attended cinema with no one laughing but I found it enjoyable, with Joanna Scanlan's turn a highlight, but thought
Spoiler alert
the reveal of who was writing the letters would have been better if it was when Moss clocked the florid G on the signed death certificate rather than that occurring after we already knew who it was
[close]
. But that's just me nitpicking and I might be wrong.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on February 25, 2024, 01:23:30 PMExtra points for Olivia Colman swearing too. Not seen this, but it sounds fun.

She does it a lot in The Favourite, seem to recall her dropping the c-bomb a couple of times

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

This was ace. A bit more dramatic than I was expecting from the trailer, but mostly bloody funny. The humour is highly puerile, but then so am I.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 09, 2024, 03:47:57 PMThis was ace. A bit more dramatic than I was expecting from the trailer, but mostly bloody funny. The humour is highly puerile, but then so am I.

The dramatic stuff was surprising, especially a particularly nasty Timothy Spall. Great stuff all around.