Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:57:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jason Statham the best British actor - official

Started by dissolute ocelot, March 08, 2024, 05:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dissolute ocelot

Forbes has produced its annual list of the highest-earning actors, based purely on earnings from entertainment-related stuff (no vineyards or adverts). Statham is top British person. Worse luck, the overall #1 is Adam Sandler who's no longer a byword for terrible movies but still not exactly reliably good. Margot Robbie also did pretty well (can you buy a doll of her?)

1. Adam Sandler - lots of Netflix money
2. Margot Robbie - big slice of Barbie money
3. Cruise - Mission Impossible
4=. Gosling - Barbie
4=. Damon - He was in Oppenheimer
6. Aniston - The Morning Show and Friends residuals
7=. DiCaprio - did Flower Moon but I assume he still gets Titanic money or something
7=. Statham - Fast and Furious, Meg 2, Expendables, etc
9. Affleck - Starred in, directed, and produced shoe film Air
10. Washington - Presumably a huge slice of The Equalizer 3

Clearly the takeaway is that Cillian Murphy needs a better agent. As possibly does Chris Pratt (Mario, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, etc).

Butchers Blind

Statham is this country's greatest punch and kick actor. Well deserved.

13 schoolyards

Britain couldn't ask for a better ambassador on the world stage. Statham easily could have played Oppenheimer, but could Cillian Murphy have beat up all those guys while slipping around in motor oil in The Transporter? Probably. But he didn't.

Could Murphy be the greased-up rave hunk in a Shamen video? I think not.

When Stephen Graham played his gormless sidekick in Snatch all those years ago, I never would have thought he'd go on to enjoy such massive acclaim, as one of Britain's most celebrated actors.

Mr Vegetables

Jason Statham was always top of my list of "British actors who sound like terrible choices to play Doctor Who, but would probably do it very well"