Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:11:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Biko Effect

Started by Senior Baiano, March 14, 2024, 09:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senior Baiano

Could have sworn Steven Biko was the first democratically elected president of south africa in the 90s, but just read something that says he was murdered in police custody in 1977? Does my nut in.

Senior Baiano

I was sure that Thabo Mbeki had done a great deal for HIV treatment in South Africa and to make anti-retrovirals widely available, but it turns out that he was actually really awful on the issue, and his denialist position is responsible for huge numbers of deaths. Now I don't know what to think 🤯

Russ L

I thought Steve Biko was a Sergeant in the US army with Duane Doberman and all the gang, but I've been told that this isn't true.

Senior Baiano

I thought Nelson Mandela was white

Vodkafone

I used to be certain that Peter Hain tossed black babies into the gaping mouths of crocodiles and would necklace an ANC activist on sight, but apparently that was Ian Hain.

Uncle TechTip

They opened a leisure centre but the spacing on the sign was a little too wide and some wag painted a thick line right down the middle. Oh and the sign was in lower case for some reason

I had never heard of the Berenstain Bears and implicitly could have sworn they didn't exist, even as fictional entities, but now people on the internet are saying they did.

idunnosomename

I thought there was a cornucopia on the fruit of the loom logo! But it turns out I am a racist