Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:09:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

the bilko effect

Started by Video Game Fan 2000, March 14, 2024, 07:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Video Game Fan 2000

ok gang, gonna do my first real rewatch of the Phil Silvers show in ages. what i remember most about it is how the big guy that played Pvt Doberman was the most peerless straight man anyone could hope for, a man of impeccable timing and a consummate professional

Video Game Fan 2000

[one hour later]... i think ive travelled to an alternative dimension

Russ L

I went to the Phil Silvers museum in Coventry, recently.  I'm so tremendously pleased about the fact that not only does the world have a museum for Phil Silvers, it has it in Coventry.

Gob Shine Algorithm

I like the episode where Bilko agrees to deactivate the whole of the American nuclear defense, and the Soviets annihilate the entire country.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Russ L on March 14, 2024, 08:12:38 PMdoes the world have a museum for Phil Silvers, it has it in Coventry.

does this mean we're not allowed to speak about it? cant be good for business

Russ L

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on March 14, 2024, 08:17:24 PMdoes this mean we're not allowed to speak about it? cant be good for business

Old-fashioned idioms be damned.  I talk about Coventry as much as possible, and the reason why is because it has a museum dedicated to Phil Silvers.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Gob Shine Algorithm on March 14, 2024, 08:15:46 PMI like the episode where Bilko agrees to deactivate the whole of the American nuclear defense, and the Soviets annihilate the entire country.

yeah ep 32 "Russian Roulette"

like the bit where he's using the Demon Core as a roulette wheel and when the colonel walks in, he flips it underneath a tire, accidentally opening it and killing everyone in a mile radius. except for him and the colonel, who are shielded by doberman's impenetrable gut

"ANOTHER HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION? I'LL HAVE YOU FOR THIS BILKO!"

"COLONEL! I WAS HOPING YOU'D STOP BY EXACTLY NOW, YOU SEE ITS MY MOTHERS BIRTHDAY AND...."

Video Game Fan 2000

bilko accidentally calls out the codes to several warheads at a late night bingo session

bilko's attempts to get a sick day result in him comissioning the creation of the HIV virus

bilko's men are caught using uranium to play craps

bilko bets Neil Armstrong he won't get the words for his famous line wrong

bilko shoots a bingo ball through kennedy's brain

Gob Shine Algorithm

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on March 14, 2024, 08:27:01 PMbilko's attempts to get a sick day result in him comissioning the creation of the HIV virus

Whole platoon has to crawl through kitchen to avoid Mark Fowler / Arthur Fowler AIDs row.

Video Game Fan 2000

*somewhere in abu ghraib*

BILKOOO!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING IN HERE

oh colonel, i'm happy you're here! you see with halloween mere months away the men and i thought ...

Bum Flaps

'member when every other Student's Union was called The Steve Bilko building?

Video Game Fan 2000

i remember Del Boy and Roadney lived in the Sgt Bilko Building up the Elephant and Castle