Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:38:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Shellac Album - To All Trains

Started by Pink Gregory, March 20, 2024, 05:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/202521-shellac-to-all-trains

General purpose letting you know.  Get the impression people aren't that arsed about their newer stuff but Dude, Incredible might be my favourite of theirs, so excited for this.

gabrielconroy

Excellent news, will be checking this out for sure.

dontpaintyourteeth

I think I got a bit bored of them, saw them too many times and what have you. Quite pleased about a new album, might get me back onboard, so to speak.

Calistan

Dude, Incredible is fantastic but never really return to their older stuff. Due a revisit.

Tarquin

Yes! Saw them in Brighton about 3 years ago and they played, what I guess was, a bunch of songs from this - all really, really great and the highlights of the night - together with a guy proposing to his boyfriend during the Q&A (he said yes).

LurkMcGee

Quite excited.

I do like the rather obvious nod to The Fall with Track 8 on the tracklisting posted.

Throughly enjoyed the set they played in Cardeef in 2019.

The Mollusk

Part of me wonders if we really need another Shellac album a decade after the last one but another part of me will just fuckin hoover this thing right up now questions asked

I think they peaked with At Action Park myself but then I'm nowt but a louse.

king_tubby

They're touring here in June too. Always great live and they love playing the Brudenell so I'm pretty stoked.

Kankurette

At least the Tories won't be able to ruin them for me this time.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Kankurette on March 21, 2024, 07:28:00 PMAt least the Tories won't be able to ruin them for me this time.

something something rail strikes something topical topical my name's ben elton, goodnight

king_tubby

Leeds tickets sold out on the Brudenell's Seetickets link in less than a minute. I managed to get a couple via Jumbo, thankfully.

Kankurette

Quote from: Pink Gregory on March 22, 2024, 06:38:10 AMsomething something rail strikes something topical topical my name's ben elton, goodnight
Ha! For context, when I saw Shellac in Manchester it was election night. I checked Facebook near the end of the gig to see how the election was going and found out Johnson had won in a landslide, and that put a real downer on the gig, which is a shame because it was a good gig.

fuzzyste

Shellac playing the brude, fuck that would be worth the drive down from glasgow.

good times

Quote from: Kankurette on March 22, 2024, 02:51:25 PMHa! For context, when I saw Shellac in Manchester it was election night. I checked Facebook near the end of the gig to see how the election was going and found out Johnson had won in a landslide, and that put a real downer on the gig, which is a shame because it was a good gig.

It was a surreal moment, Albini doing one of his rambling bits to the mic while the news rippled through the audience.

There was also that guy in the crowd who kept shouting to him to 'SPEAK INTO THE MIC' as though his awkward off-mic mumbling wasn't entirely deliberate.

Half tempted to go to this but it being at exactly the same venue makes it somehow less appealing.