Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:47:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Do you make yourself laugh?

Started by ThickAndCreamy, February 28, 2009, 12:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThickAndCreamy

Stemming from me just laughing for a good period of time at myself pulling funny faces and making sounds into a mirror I wonder, do you find it easy to laugh and amuse yourself? I can type many things that aren't even remotely witty and laugh at them for quite a while, much more than I would if other people did the same sometimes.

This is normal. I believe you need to learn the tactics of amusing yourself so you can amuse others, so if giving myself the finger in a mirror and making motorboat sounds with my mouth when I'm at my most bored makes me laugh, it is at the height of all comedic talent.

Fry

When I am giggling slightly I like to purposefully change my silly little giggle to a big ol' ridiculous laugh that sounds exactly like so:

HOO HOOO HOO HEE HEEE HEE HOO HOOO HOO

The fake laugh I am doing makes me genuinely laugh more, which I change to the fake laugh, which makes me laugh more. That's what I enjoy doing.
When I drama class I did it with a top hat on, that was fun - for some reason I felt victorian.

Don_Preston

I make myself laugh more than most others can. I can usually be seen chuckling to myself at the thoughts of things I can interject into conversations, but usually resist because I know nine times out of ten it'll be wasted on my company. That's why many see me as joyless when I don't laugh at the menial rubbish most people find funny. Commoners!

biggytitbo

I look at myself naked in a full length mirror and laugh for about 5 minutes. Then cry.

rudi

Quote from: Fry on February 28, 2009, 12:28:46 PM
When I drama class I did it with a top hat on, that was fun - for some reason I felt victorian.

The top hat.

OG Mudbone

I make myself laugh because I'm witty and hilarious.

Little Hoover

I do have a bit of a bad habit for making myself laugh, partly just suddenly remembering things as I pass by someone in the street, making myself look like a lunatic. But also just laughing at my own jokes, which isn't some terrible narcissistic thing, it's just I'll feel genuinely surprised at what I've come up with, to a point where it doesn't feel like something I've come up with, but just a separate part of me.

It could partly be that the joke may be a certain style of joke that I've heard before, but I've just quickly been able to identify a situation where it could be applied differently, and what I'm laughing at is the original idea of the joke.

Ginyard

I make myself laugh with moments of stupidity. Earlier, I was having to position some stands with triangle bases. I realised they wouldn't work against the wall one way and, not really thinking, turned them another. Still no luck.....oh, wait....hold on.....they're fucking triangle bases, its the same whichever way you turn them you spaz. Oh...haha...haha....HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!.

I want to hear recordings of whores laughing. Who's got the best laugh I wonder?.

Emma Raducanu

I make myself laugh so much, sometimes I give myself a standing ovation.

Wadded Bliss

Quote from: DolphinFace on February 28, 2009, 06:45:51 PM
I make myself laugh so much, sometimes I give myself a standing erection.

Fixed.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

This is a slight tangent, but not worth a new thread - I swear my laugh is mutating. I used to have a cackle, now it's more of a low gurgling chortle. I don't like it, it makes me sound like a pitch-shifted baby.

And no, I don't really make myself laugh, although sometimes I'll look back at something I've written and thought "oh, that was a very funny turn of phrase", so I know I've been funny but it doesn't elicit an actual physical laugh.

Quote from: Kishi the Bad Lampshade on March 01, 2009, 01:17:09 PMI swear my laugh is mutating.

I've started to develop a Jimmy Carr guffaw. :( I actually like his laugh, as it sounds genuine. In a 'why would you fake that laugh' way.

I sat down on the old bog this morning and almost immediately expelled my waste. It kind of took me by surprise so I ad-libbed a fake 'aaaahhh!' of relief and then topped it off with '...can't beat a good old shit!'

After a few seconds, I really did guffaw. My girlfriend was so disturbed by raucous laughter coming from the toilet that she called to check I was ok.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

ThickAndCreamy

Right, this is my situation, I'm not entirely sure whether to post this in here or in comedy chat but frankly I'm sure no one would care.

I'm actually managing to distort sketches in my mind to make them a lot funnier than they actually were. I've even re watched a certain sketch just a few minutes ago and I can't stop laughing at how funny the sketch would be if it existed in reality.

It involves this sketch from Vic Reeves Big Night Out. I keep envisaging Bob to just walk up to the mic and shout "SHE WANNA DANCE WITH ME" and then walk off and strut around making chauvinistic movements involving thrusting and his arms swinging back and fourth. Then he just returns to the mic and repeats this again.

I could of sworn I've seen the sketch before or I may of made it up in my mind as a form of all Reeves And Mortimer style sketches having a gigantic fuckfest creating an alloy of shouty, slapstick goodness in my head.

I want to know if anyone else has ever thought of sketches entirely different before in their minds to what they had just seen and what that was? This is going to be bordering on futile I suspect.

Ginyard

I'm absolutely rat arsed on two bottles of Hardy's brut rose so anything is funny this moment in time. But I find my navel especially amausing as with enough concentration I can make it speak like a gildfish.

ThickAndCreamy

Ginyard, well done for making up for the seeming lack of drunk posts as of late. Maybe I'm just being blindingly nostalgic here but I remember a time when all posts were drunk posts and reading any of the forums sober made it almost comprehensible.

Everyone seems to of stopped drinking so heavily and now it all seems a bit too... sensible.

Ginyard

Quote from: ThickAndCreamy on March 13, 2009, 11:05:11 PM
Everyone seems to of stopped drinking so heavily and now it all seems a bit too... sensible.

Today I dressed a a crocodile and went into my sons school full of kids nad parents and had to take part in a pntomime all for the sake of some orphans. I had to stand there like Christopher Columbus barking bollocks infront of 200 odd people all for the sake of some orphans. Its important to offload at the end of a day of stress and undwind by undwi9nding. You know wnat I mean.

ThickAndCreamy

You sound like either the coolest or most embarrassing parents a son could ask for, which one it is, I'm still not sure about.

Ginyard

I looked a deep space nine lebel tart aup there with all the wit of a spool cutter. spool blurb bollocks to them all.

ThickAndCreamy

You're actually irritating me now Ginyard, actually your less of an irritant more of a stature of envy for myself. I haven't been drunk in months :(.

Of course I have absolutely no idea what the hell you just typed meant so it's hard to reply with a response other than a patronising "Good for you!".

rudi

QuoteEveryone seems to of stopped drinking so heavily

have

You've been told.

alan nagsworth

Cerys

On thing I seem to have a habit of doing is thinking of something funny and being too polite to interrupt a conversation to say it.  This results in the 'something funny' brewing and bubbling until by the time I get a chance to say it I'm laughing too much to speak clearly.

biniput

I often do so at between 2am and 5am. I assume a person is more giddy around then. I seem to come up with silly ideas and then go with them. One recently revolved around the idea of not forgiving the oscar judges for never recognising "the charlie drake canon" and several stupid things that could be said to aggrandise "the master".

buttgammon

I always make myself laugh, but I normally realise that it isn't very funny in hindsight.

As I mentioned in another thread, I had a completely unstoppable luaghing fit in one of my classes the other day after inventing the American writer David Chair who wrote about, erm, erm *looks around* ceilings. Thinking about it now, the whole thing wasn't worth laughing over as I did. It won't stop me laughing my arse about it when I revisit the crime scene tomorrow but I doubt anybody else will ever find it funny.

I managed to make myself laugh a lot tonight as well. Influenced by gin, I recorded an hour of nonsense including something which was vaguely an audio commentary on Eastenders but descended into manic screaming about why the Hammersmith and City line is so shit and the eastbound trains terminate at Whitechapel. I'm going to play it back soon but I'm not sure if I'm still drunk enough to find it funny.

rudi

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! What? Oh, never mind, I was just thinking of... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ohhhhhh mercy.

petula dusty

Yeah, I do make myself laugh all the time. It's a non-stop giggle factory in this house and I'm the chief chuckle maker. Like, tonight, someone said something on TV and I repeated what they said in a loud and stupid voice to imply that they were thick then I laffed for three hours and the kids wanted to know what was so funny so I told them and they cracked up too because I'm just so mad.

session9

I've never made myself laugh unless I've been in the company of someone telling an embarrassingly bad joke who would be hurt if I didn't find it amusing.

(edit: I think I have misinterpreted the question. Might help to read other posts before projectile vomiting my own inane thoughts onto the screen.)