Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:06:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Watches

Started by Twed, September 01, 2018, 03:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

It might be difficult to replace the crown and stem, assuming it's a genuine Soviet movement. No harm in asking, but I understand timpsons is "we can change the strap for you" levels of knowledge.

If there's a jewellers or specialized watch repair place that might be a better bet, but tbh likely more then the cost of the watch. I think my Kopernik was 50 quid or so, and it's hard to see it being serviced back to normal for much less than that.

gabrielconroy

sigh :(

I will try anyway!

Ferris

Quote from: gabrielconroy on January 10, 2024, 04:56:49 PMsigh :(

I will try anyway!

Good luck! I think those hand wind mechanisms are quite interchangeable so you might be able to buy one for cheap and do a quick replacement? That's about the limit of my knowledge unfortunately

Memorex MP3

Just bought a 9 year old Huawei Watch 1 on the understanding I can run some kind of open source OS on it.

In photos it looks surprisingly fancy even now; if it is as good when it arrives I mount just find a nice minimal clock display and bring it out for formal events.

seepage

Mr Banlon

Another fake watch what I made :

Rolex don't make purple Submariners, so I did

touchingcloth

Quote from: Mr Banlon on January 28, 2024, 05:05:48 PMAnother fake watch what I made :

Rolex don't make purple Submariners, so I did

I bet you did, your purple fake Rolex, I bet you fucking did.

Mr Banlon

Made a white dial and built this moody 1958 'Pan Am' GMT using a Seiko GMT movement

Not a fan of gaudy OTT watches, so I knocked up this understated and plain-jane number

Janie Jones

I've never been hampered with a surfeit of good taste so I'm not gonna lie, Mr B, I adore that bejewelled behemoth. Absolutely love it.