Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,802
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:23:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gaming Youtube Channels

Started by peanutbutter, May 05, 2020, 12:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

Quote from: bgmnts on October 20, 2022, 09:51:32 PMAn entire generation of people finding entertainment in this. It's just nothing. I don't get it don't you at least want some kind of talent like singing or dancing or acting or comedy?

It's like people who watch people talk or play games on twitch. Just talk to someone or play some games. It's so strange. Feels like it's capitalising on some inherent mental illness.

Granted I went off Let's Plays years ago but you don't become a successful youtuber without at least some ability to be entertaining or engaging.  It's a bit like talk radio.

oggyraiding

Quote from: bgmnts on October 20, 2022, 09:51:32 PMAn entire generation of people finding entertainment in this. It's just nothing. I don't get it don't you at least want some kind of talent like singing or dancing or acting or comedy?

It's like people who watch people talk or play games on twitch. Just talk to someone or play some games. It's so strange. Feels like it's capitalising on some inherent mental illness.

It's only like listening to Mark Kermode talk about films on the radio, or watching Gary Lineker and the others talk about football on Match Of The Day. It's not that weird or sad.

bgmnts

Quote from: oggyraiding on October 21, 2022, 12:50:18 PMIt's only like listening to Mark Kermode talk about films on the radio, or watching Gary Lineker and the others talk about football on Match Of The Day. It's not that weird or sad.

To be fair football punditry is the weirdest dullest shite in football but that's beside the point.

Just something about the Internet culture that's different to me.

Pink Gregory

Perfectly possible to enjoy someone else's active activity as a passive activity.  Hence sport.  Or theatre.

The parasocial relationships bit can be a bit concerning, fair enough.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Listening to Mark Kermode talk about films is a very weird thing to do.