Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:20:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Saturday Night Pop Quiz LIVE!

Started by DrGreggles, October 31, 2020, 04:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Janie Jones

My ringer has just confirmed his attendance. See you on Saturday

DrGreggles

7:30 go live with the PQ starting at 8?

(I think that's how we did it before, right?)

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

Looks like 'anon' tested the link earlier. Did it work?

DrGreggles

Nice work. Got 4 hours or so to do some training. Might've left it a bit late to acquire a copy of the Guinness Book of Hit Singles and read it from cover to cover.

DrGreggles

Spoiler:
Spoiler alert
ZZ Top did it
[close]

shiftwork2

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 07, 2021, 11:35:25 AM
Looks like 'anon' tested the link earlier. Did it work?

Yeah, with zoom client installed on a MacBook.  Didn't work on a tablet for some reason - take note, punters.

DrGreggles

I think Zoom have just pushed out an update, so it could be that.

That's why there's half an hour set aside at the start for tech support.

DrGreggles

Rizla

apologies for the abrupt exit, laptop battery died. cheers, good quizzin' as always

Jockice

Janie should think herself lucky. I've got sodding Spagna in my head now. It was also on Pick Of The Pops this afternoon. Gambo and Dr Greggles have teamed up to haunt my dreams with fright-wigged Italian women.

And on that note I'm off to bed. Thanks for a fun evening everyone. Call me. Call me. Do do do it. If you want. But the phone's firmly off.

shiftwork2

Very enjoyable, cheers Greggles.

Jockice

PS, me and my legendary girlfriend's 'song' was also played. I'm going to leave that one as a mystery though. Because I like being enigmatic.

DrGreggles

Janie Jones

Brilliant quiz Greggles, someone has to come last, I'm happy to be that person. My ringer said how much he loves these quizzes, so that's nice. Thank you.

Chicory

Excellent fun as per, Dr.  That link round was fiendish.  I even said at one point that the only good thing about 'Falling Down' by Oasis is that it was their last single.  Still didn't figure it out.  Duh!

DrGreggles

Can't remember if I mentioned it, but I'm looking at doing these monthly.

11th or 18th of September?

Jockice

The latter would be best for me, although as it's the day after my birthday and I'm rapidly hurtling towards death I can't guarantee my attendance.

DrGreggles

OK, let's say that then.
Probably works best for me too, as I have to go somewhere the day after and can't be trusted if I go out.

DrGreggles

shiftwork2

11th or 18th good, 4th bad (for me).

DrGreggles

It might still be bad for me too, but a gig I was going to just cancelled.

DrGreggles

Oh, it's up here.
Thought it'd vanished.

Jockice

Well I'm not free on the 4th so you may as well cancel the whole thing this very moment.

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

Still good for Saturday night, quiz kids?