Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:50:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ben Garrison “reacts” thread (bring your reading glasses)

Started by Ferris, January 08, 2021, 11:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Ben's Golden Rule: A picture is worth a thousand words (but only if it actually includes a thousand words).

MojoJojo

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 23, 2021, 09:37:42 AMNice to see Mega Muscle Trump back even though the real one barely does fucking anything these days

Carefully drawn in a way that makes no sense but keeps his crotch away from another man's bottom.

Dr Rock

Fambo Number Mive

I like how the people booing Trump haven't bothered to take their red MAGA caps off.

Blumf

https://grrrgraphics.com/trump-jump-off-the-bandwagon/
QuoteI can't think of another political cartoonist who has done more to support Trump than I have. The vast majority of my Trump work has portrayed him in a positive light. I remained a Trump supporter even after I was disinvited to Trump's Social Media Summit. His staff believed the blatant lie that I drew anti-Semitic cartoons and that was that. I have never penned a racist or anti-Semitic cartoon, but I was humiliated in the mainstream media anyway.

Regardless, I tried to rise above it. Trump believed in 'America First' and that remains important to me. Trump wanted to repair decades of damaged that was done to our country by the likes of Clinton, the Bushes, and Obama. Trump wasn't a puppet of the globalist tyrants. So I continued to support him even though I was angry that he failed to pardon Julian Assange. He failed to withdraw US troops from Afghanistan. He failed to drain the Deep State Swamp, but at least he made people realize that it existed. Trump's accomplishments were myriad and impressive—especially considering the constant hostility he faced from the Democrats, the Deep State, and the anti-Trump propaganda media.

Fambo Number Mive

I see Garrison is keen to make clear that he has not turned against Trump. No doubt by the time Trump considers ruuning again in 2024 Garrison will be drawing him as his hero again.

Even in the first critical cartoon he's done of him he is still depicted as Buff Trump.

lazyhour

Do we know where garrison and the rest of the anti-vax loons are getting their "thousands have died from the vaccine" line from?

Ferris

The CDC records VAERS (adverse effects of people after taking vaccines) so I'd guess they are garbled versions of those figures.

That said - if you get hit by a bus a week after getting your booster and your grieving children think the vaccine may have something to do with it, they can report it. If your arm hurts after your date with the needle, you can report it. That's 2 more VAERS records to add to the tally.

How many of these are serious or actually have a causal link to severe medical emergency? I would say very, very few. I don't doubt there could be some really rare health conditions as a result of vaccines but that's true of every vaccine you take and we're talking million to one type stuff. If you remain unvaccinated and get it (and eventually, we'll all get some version of this because it's going to be around forever) your odds can start to look pretty bad pretty quick if you're getting on a bit...

https://riskcalc.org/COVID19Hospitalization/

Video Game Fan 2000

idunnosomename

the horses have blinders on. i bet he felt clever doing that

Rev+

Quote from: Ferris on December 28, 2021, 11:11:01 PMif you get hit by a bus a week after getting your booster and your grieving children think the vaccine may have something to do with it, they can report it. If your arm hurts after your date with the needle, you can report it. That's 2 more VAERS records to add to the tally.

VAERS is also getting spammed to fuck by nutcases, so it's of very little use right now.  These tend to be people who argue that nobody has died from the virus, simply with the virus, and the mangled understanding of the term 'comorbidity' that goes with it.  Every vaccinated person has died from the vaccine, of course.

Juan K Perros

How to tell the world you're jealous about a fellow cartoonist having a hot, young wife without telling the world you're jealous about a fellow cartoonist having a hot, young wife.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

retsuza

Definitely in a bit of a Sickos mood if Scott Adams and Garrison are fighting over who is the most deranged nutjob. Unfortunately I don't think we are going to see the feud develop in a Dilbert strip.

Blumf

Quote from: retsuza on January 20, 2022, 11:17:25 AMUnfortunately I don't think we are going to see the feud develop in a Dilbert strip.

Does Adams even have anything to do with those any more?

Dex Sawash

Fambo Number Mive

Garrison's latest cartoon is a load of mountains depicting people he doesn't like spewing poo, marxism, the Chinese Communist Party (not sure how this works) etc while "Uncle Sam" is in a canoe shouting "help" in poo water. On one of the mountains is "Up Joe Creek without a paddle". An eagle with Trump's hair is sitting in a tree shouting "Can you hang on for three more years?" The bird looks concerned.

In the text under the cartoon, is the following gem:

QuoteJoe Biden's first year in office was disastrous. He's not even in office—he's a fake president who speaks at a studio designed to look like the White House.

Why would Biden be in a studio designed to look like the White House? Why not just use the real White House, unless someone else is using it? Is Garrison implying Trump is still in the real White House and he is still president while Biden is being a fake president in a studio? If so, how does this even make sense?

retsuza

Incredible as always. Unfortunate that Soros doesn't get to be a sewage spewing mountain. Is he drooling blood? That's definitely some anti-Semitic trope right?

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 30, 2022, 10:20:21 AMWhy would Biden be in a studio designed to look like the White House? Why not just use the real White House, unless someone else is using it? Is Garrison implying Trump is still in the real White House and he is still president while Biden is being a fake president in a studio? If so, how does this even make sense?

How does it make sense? Well obviously it just doesn't. But the explanation is, I think is about Biden getting a booster shot in front of some facade that a lot of the more conspiracy minded conservatives thought was like a fake set or studio.

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/no-the-white-house-didnt-create-a-fake-set-just-for-joe-bidens-booster-shot/

Wait, does the eagle with Trump hair mean Trump is good again now? I'm so confused, why must you send me these mixed messages, Ben?

Fambo Number Mive

Garrison not just still obsessed with Clinton but obsessed with the Obamas as well. I presume it's all part of some conservative conspiracy where Obama and Clinton are telling Biden what to do.

The cartoon seems to have an anti-democracy message implying that the US can't "hang on" under Biden until the next election, which I find a bit sinister.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on January 30, 2022, 12:09:40 PMWait, does the eagle with Trump hair mean Trump is good again now? I'm so confused, why must you send me these mixed messages, Ben?

A very good point. I wonder if a lot of conservatives have decided to forget about Trump saying he is fully vaccinated as it doesn't fit in with their view of the world or  because Trump's stopped talking about being fully vaccinated (I think) Garrison is happy with his hero again. Maybe if he mentions being fully vaccinated again Garrison will draw two slightly critical of Trump cartoons before returning to his usual output.

Dex Sawash

Ant Farm Keyboard

As soon as Biden became "president", right-wing nut jobs tried to look for clues in the pictures that it was just elaborate staging to make people assume that Biden was the legitimate president. Reuters addressed these rumors a few days after the transition.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-oval-office-not-movie-set-idUSKBN29V2JZ

Among the evidence that had been collected was the "fact" that the German Foreign Minister gave an interview that appeared to be from the Oval Office but clearly was a set. These nut jobs had simply overlooked that it was done in a replica built in Germany as a set to cover the 2020 election and had kept on using it for a few more weeks afterwards. The mere existence of replicas intended to be recognized as replicas was baffling to them.

Later, the rumor morphed into speculation that Biden had a fake "White House set" built for nefarious purposes, as shown from this segment from Fox Business (which is handled by the same team as Fox News). The NY Post also belongs to Rupert Murdoch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyDFw8LFYvs
https://nypost.com/2021/10/07/president-biden-mocked-over-fake-white-house-set/

It was also used as "evidence" that footage in which he received his Covid booster shot was a fabrication, because they used the same background. Unvaccinated quarterback Aaron Rodgers also mocked Biden for being a fake president speaking from a fake White House set.

Of course, nobody here considers that it is nearly impossible due to the pandemic to put a television crew inside a cramped space such as the Oval Office and that Biden uses often an auditorium located in another area of the complex, which has been decorated (without any pretense at realism) to look vaguely like something out of the West Wing.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-biden-white-house-set-idUSL1N2R41KI

Blumf

Quite like this one, the Neil Young egg in particular, just staring out at you, not arsed that he's cracked, just disapproving of all of us.

https://grrrgraphics.com/humpty-dummies/

Bet he's been dying to use "Whoopsi" Goldberg for a while too.

Also, is the CNN egg falling into the "Fredo" Cuomo egg's exposed brain with glee?

Fambo Number Mive

Inspector Norse

Why is the ground so hot it is frying the eggs where they land