Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:45:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Simpsons: A Journey Through Shit

Started by JamesTC, January 08, 2021, 11:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mapple MyPad?

Mapple MyPad
2 (7.1%)
Mapple MyPad
0 (0%)
Mapple MyPad
6 (21.4%)
Mapplethorpe
16 (57.1%)
Mapple MyPad
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: December 24, 2021, 08:55:16 AM

C_Larence

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 12, 2023, 09:35:08 AMThat there are things that happen to The Simpsons that we dont see is stretched beyond credulity now there are several hundred episodes

Perhaps, but some of the best jokes are based on that premise, "that's why your robot never worked", Homer's failed detective agency, etc. They're executed much better than the clip above obviously.

The Mollusk

https://ew.com/the-simpsons-producer-apologizes-killing-off-larry-character-8638944

QuoteIn the wake of the surprise death, Tim Long, a co-executive producer of the animated sitcom, explained that the creative team intended for it to hit viewers hard despite Larry's smaller-role status. Talking with TMZ, he said that while he was sorry if the plot point upset fans, their disappointment speaks to how beloved the show is.

How beloved the show was.

idunnosomename

So beloved about half of the episodes never seem to get wikipedia articles anymore.

Pathetic grasp for attention from a show that has no meaningfully lasting continuity, in fact it openly mocks any fan who pays attention to stuff like that.

Speaking of which, larry and the guy with the green hat were clearly designed to be drinking buddies in the background, but they keenly ignore him in this episode that apparently turns into a stupid jewel-smuggling thing with Fat Tony because fucking hell do they ever do anything different apart from parading the same characters around doing their catchphrases

Hans moleman is old patty and selma smoke Moe wants to kill himself lol fuck off

dontpaintyourteeth

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

The Mollusk

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on Yesterday at 02:17:28 PMWait he had a name?

Yeah although unlike Comic Book Guy and the sarcastic bloke I think Larry actually has had that name since the golden period, or at least not long after.

Other dude is called Sam, his wiki says "AKA Herbert Dingleton" which... yeah, who gives a fuck

idunnosomename

s6 e11

In some enchanted evening (the intended premiere episode) Moe even calls one of the two silent barflies Larry: "Barney's a pig, Larry's a pig... we're all pigs".

more fun larry facts:
his only line "yow, a chick *wolf-whistle*" from Bart Gets Hit By a Car (S2:E10) is very likely to be Phil Hartman (it's oddly deep, and mixed really low)

In Duffless (S4:E16) they accidently drew him twice

he's also named as Larry the Barfly in the 1997 OFF episode guide book.

thats it really

Ruben Remus

Quote from: The Mollusk on Yesterday at 02:21:03 PMOther dude is called Sam, his wiki says "AKA Herbert Dingleton" which... yeah, who gives a fuck

I've found it's a pretty reliable rule that if you pick any tertiary Simpsons character and look up their wiki page you'll see that they have some bullshit unfunny full name that was revealed 20+ seasons into the show.

neveragain

Quote from: Ruben Remus on Yesterday at 03:20:38 PMI've found it's a pretty reliable rule that if you pick any tertiary Simpsons character and look up their wiki page you'll see that they have some bullshit unfunny full name that was revealed 20+ seasons into the show.

Except Comic Book Guy who they gave a purposefully unfunny name - Jeff Albertson.

Small Man Big Horse

I watched this episode today and didn't think it was too bad. I know I've defended modern Simpsons in the past but it's the first I've seen in a couple of years and I was surprised that it was fairly good, the Eleanor Rigby song parody was well performed and there were some nice character moments for Lenny and Carl. There were some weaker gags (largely involving Moe) and I hate to say it but it does feel quite bleak as to how old Julie Kavner now sounds, but I'd be surprised if it was one of those episodes that someone actively hated it, which is about as good as it gets with the show today.

idunnosomename

incredibly even if you pay money to disney+ you cant watch season 35 in the UK now via it

Wezzo

Quote from: idunnosomename on Yesterday at 11:29:17 PMincredibly even if you pay money to disney+ you cant watch season 35 in the UK now via it

Yeah, Sky still have first-run rights here. New seasons show up on D+ the November after the season finishes.