Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:16:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lamest Puns in Music

Started by BJBMK2, June 15, 2021, 03:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twonty Gostelow

And another will-this-do? cover from Hipgnosis.

There's a track on an eighties David Gilmour solo album called Let's get metaphysical.

Pauline Walnuts

A mere 3 years after Olivia Newton-John, the secret of comedTIMING!y

Which reminds me, oh hang on, whatever happed to Olivia Neutron John?

https://pitchfork.com/news/olivia-neutron-john-retires-name-says-olivia-newton-john-sent-cease-and-desist/

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on June 22, 2021, 06:53:25 PM
A mere 3 years after Olivia Newton-John, the secret of comedTIMING!y

Which reminds me, oh hang on, whatever happed to Olivia Neutron John?

https://pitchfork.com/news/olivia-neutron-john-retires-name-says-olivia-newton-john-sent-cease-and-desist/

Anna Nasty is much better anyway, why bother with a lame pun pseudonym if that's your name?

flotemysost

Quote from: Bently Sheds on June 22, 2021, 08:51:04 AM
Wasn't there a band called The Coal Porters?

This reminds me of the total abomination of an artist name that is Chet Faker. Everything about it angers me.

While we're on an Antipodean covers merchant tack, Hot Dub Time Machine. I know there's a film called Hot Tub Time Machine, and I know they play songs from different eras, but I don't think there's a significant dub connection there as far as I know. It's not an especially easy name to say, if you haven't heard of the film then it's just a weird clunky name, and if you have then there's nothing especially witty or original about it. GET IN TUB

Having said all that I bloody love a good (shit) cover/tribute act name, but I believe we've had that thread already.

non capisco

Quote from: flotemysost on June 22, 2021, 07:33:25 PM
This reminds me of the total abomination of an artist name that is Chet Faker. Everything about it angers me.

Elvis Depressedly is another stinker.

McChesney Duntz

Adderall Canyonly, on the other hand, bumps up against genius.

famethrowa

Quote from: flotemysost on June 22, 2021, 07:33:25 PM

At least it's memorable, cunt decided he was important enough to drop the nom de plume and start releasing under his actual name, something really boring. 4 years of zero success and guess what, Chet's back!

Jockice

Roy's Keen by Morrissey. I knew he'd lost it at that point.