Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:24:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

In praise of Otex

Started by pancreas, November 11, 2021, 10:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 07, 2022, 06:00:08 PMalso if someone wants a totally insane review of otex from a hi-fi components forum, i have one for you here:

https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/otex-express-combi-pack-review_topic4214_post52217.html

Lovely bit of business. Laughed out loud at the mention of
Spoiler alert
the Moody Blues
[close]

seepage

Ferris

I don't mind people taking this high and mighty position (actually I do, I find it tedious and laughably elitist), but if sneering at the plebs is the direction you're going, you need to have the correct grammar and punctuation (like a possessive apostrophe in "one's").

Otherwise you run the risk of looking quite the berk.

Still, good news about the otex.

Quote from: robhug on November 11, 2021, 11:40:20 AMThose syringe things that squirt hot water at funny angles in your ear bring some fucking astounding results, you wouldn't believe the shit that comes out of your ears, Olive Oil them for a couple of days before hand first. I had a solid bit of wax close to an inch long that I could, if the fancy took me, write with. I didn't as that would be grotesque.

Guys, as a long-time earwax sufferer please trust me on this one, nothing works better than this.

mothman

^ The idea of this makes me uneasy.

Rizla

Quote from: Ferris on January 07, 2022, 06:31:23 PMLovely bit of business. Laughed out loud at the mention of
Spoiler alert
the Moody Blues
[close]
I'm on some fb group for vintage hifi twats and honestly the absolute shit they play on their mind bendingly costly systems is insane. Annie Lennox and the like. Bizarre.

Santa put an otex combi pack in my stocking. I was very gratified by the bumblebee-sized lump of nastiness that skooshed out first go. Recommended highly.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Rizla on January 07, 2022, 07:45:16 PMI'm on some fb group for vintage hifi twats and honestly the absolute shit they play on their mind bendingly costly systems is insane. Annie Lennox and the like. Bizarre.

Santa put an otex combi pack in my stocking. I was very gratified by the bumblebee-sized lump of nastiness that skooshed out first go. Recommended highly.

What is this combo pack? I just bought a single vial of it and am dropping it into my ear, with glorious disgusting results. Is there a better way?

gilbertharding

The combi pack comes with a rubber bulb like a miniature Whoopi cushion with a pointy nozzle, so you can forcibly squirt warm water into your lug hole, hopefully flushing lumps of matter out with it.

PlanktonSideburns

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Rizla on January 07, 2022, 07:45:16 PMSanta put an otex combi pack in my stocking. I was very gratified by the bumblebee-sized lump of nastiness that skooshed out first go. Recommended highly.

Never considered adding gear to the sock but I'm eager to try this Christmas wank.

PlanktonSideburns

anyone talked about THIS?

looks like for unblocking toilets

PlanktonSideburns

can i heat it up and have it like the picture on the front of honey?

mothman

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 09, 2022, 10:09:32 AManyone talked about THIS?

looks like for unblocking toilets
I certainly don't get the impression it's her ear she's inserting it into.

olliebean

It comes in a set, and from the looks of the publicity images you're supposed to sneak up on someone with it while they're sleeping.

PlanktonSideburns

They're just rebranded tv aerial sets

PlanktonSideburns

seepage

copied from the weapons section of the D&D players handbook

Povidone

That's a wonderful review. I hope to become a member of the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Club (GSAPOC) one day.

QuotePerhaps what the world needs is the Otex Express Combi Pack?!

Perhaps it is Graham, perhaps it is.

Glad this thread is still going, will have a couple of shots of Otex to celebrate.

PlanktonSideburns

So far that otex express has just made me feel like there's expanding foam in my head. Phimosis squirter arriving on Thursday. Will update you all as things occur

Captain Z

Quote from: xxxx xxx x xxx on January 07, 2022, 07:03:33 PMGuys, as a long-time earwax sufferer please trust me on this one, nothing works better than this.

Also very grateful that this got recommended when it did. Around 3-4 days after this thread came up the first time one of my ears became almost completely blocked overnight. I've had this happen several times before, had syringing etc, and can usually sort it out with some olive oil when I feel it coming on. This time I initially sorted it out in the shower with a few appropriately-angled jets from one of those Lucozade Sport bottles with the nipple-shaped cap (I definitely do not recommend this as a DIY solution unless you are familiar with the amount of pressure your ears can take from a professional syringing), but that needle-syringe device is much gentler, and finished the job off nicely.

PlanktonSideburns

So is there any way I can fuck my hearing with one of these things?

seepage

So now earwax removers show in my Amazon recommendations. Thank god some of the other things discussed on CaB haven't yet.

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 10, 2022, 01:32:27 PMSo is there any way I can fuck my hearing with one of these things?

It hasn't done mine any harm, just flushed the wax out when needed.  In fact it was a Specsavers audiologist who recommended it to me (which was pretty good of him considering).

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: xxxx xxx x xxx on January 10, 2022, 02:23:30 PMIt hasn't done mine any harm, just flushed the wax out when needed.  In fact it was a Specsavers audiologist who recommended it to me (which was pretty good of him considering).

Hang on you can get your ears blown out at spec savers?

Yes, they use the suction method though - not nearly as satisfying and thorough-feeling as irrigation.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: xxxx xxx x xxx on January 10, 2022, 06:06:34 PMYes, they use the suction method though - not nearly as satisfying and thorough-feeling as irrigation.

Yea sod that

I don't want to get sucked off

I want to get irrigated off
To be utterly blasted anew by jets
Fragments of sediment cake the walls
The sound of distant ants crying
What was that Wet orgasm sound
Coming from number 34

the Fallen

Still got some in there so switching brands to Earol

And for £55 there's a clinic by me who use like a microscope vacuum or some shit

"Syringing is old fashioned" their website prattles

Mate. Put your jackboot on the side of my head to pin me down and plunge the fuckers. I want it hard and I want it thorough. Rattle my skull like it's Dua Lipa on your wedding night

jobotic

Had trouble with my right ear but since this morning it feels totally blocked, can't hear a fucking thing apart from the tinnitus that was already there, and it hurts.

Bought some not Otex this morning. How long does it take to do anything?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: jobotic on January 14, 2022, 07:27:15 PMHad trouble with my right ear but since this morning it feels totally blocked, can't hear a fucking thing apart from the tinnitus that was already there, and it hurts.

Bought some not Otex this morning. How long does it take to do anything?

Bout a week of 1 sesh a day usually clears me up, and if it's well impacted, it's a good softener before getting it blasted by a doctor

My home ear blasting kit arrived today. Gonna make a Sunday of blasting