Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:10:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mark Morris of The Bluetones

Started by PaulTMA, November 17, 2021, 11:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proactive

Hasn't done much decent since Return of the Mack IMO.

Blinder Data

What a wrong'un. Sadly that kind of behaviour is all too common. You wonder how much his close friends/family knew about his behaviour.

What can you do with these sorts of people? No crime committed but many lives turned upside down by selfishness, lies...

A #cancellation on Twitter is the least he deserves.

PaulTMA

A friend told me that he made a public post on his FB announcing he's cheated on his partner about a decade ago.

SteveDave

Mark Morriss
Marilyn Manson

Makes you think. That men are cunts.

Butchers Blind

Reading that article I didn't know The Bluetones still had fans. Odd world isn't it.

Famous Mortimer

I thought this was a parody of that bit in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".

QuoteMy friend lived in Godalming, and his wife had gone on holiday with her university friend from Winchester. The neighbour of this university friend decided to go along, too.

But fuck Mark Morriss, stupid one-letter-too-many-in-his-surname-having piece of shit.

purlieu

Always quite liked the Bluetones, especially some of their more indie-pop leaning post-fame work, Morriss always seemed to have a certain humility about him so this came as a huge surprise. Absolutely fucking awful behaviour though, what an utterly hideous human being.

sutin

That's a pretty surprising one for sure. What a dickhead.

SteveDave

QuoteDue to unforeseen circumstances Mark Morriss will no longer be performing at The Britpop Family Party on Sunday.

Custard

Yeah, this one is a bit of a surprise. Never heard or read a bad word about him

I only really rate the first Bluetones album, and Slight Return is one of the finest Britpop singles.

But yeah, get in bin you strange cunt

purlieu

Not that love can't transcend politics, but the ex who wrote that blog is a hideous TERF who used to work for the Mail, which suggests that he could easily be a fucking bigot himself too.

Quote from: purlieu on November 17, 2021, 02:46:24 PM
Not that love can't transcend politics, but the ex who wrote that blog is a hideous TERF who used to work for the Mail, which suggests that he could easily be a fucking bigot himself too.

I'm in no way an expert on the expert on the Bluetones I'm sure I remember reading how one of their lesser-known songs had some dodgy anti-immigrant sentiments in the lyrics. I'm not sure I can find which one it was without having to go through their entire repertoire so it might take some time to find what it was.

Brundle-Fly

Didn't he write a song about shagging his motor? I don't know where these people find the energy.

non capisco

Eeesh. Met him a couple of times years ago as he used to drink in my local and he seemed like a nice, witty bloke (probably helped that I was bending his ear about one of their albums I really liked that sold fuck all) but sounds like he's actually an 'orrible individual.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: non capisco on November 17, 2021, 03:47:55 PM
Eeesh. Met him a couple of times years ago as he used to drink in my local and he seemed like a nice, witty bloke (probably helped that I was bending his ear about one of their albums I really liked that sold fuck all) but sounds like he's actually an 'orrible individual.
He's probably both. If he was walking round going "I love lying to and cheating on women, me, I'm a right piece of shit" he probably wouldn't have many women in his orbit.

Brundle-Fly

I'm not sure about this public shaming approach. It does have a whiff of dirty laundry about it. He's an alleged crummy serial philanderer not a criminal. Although, I will say, if Marilyn Morris is allegedly throttling women then shame away.

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 17, 2021, 04:08:46 PM
He's an alleged crummy serial philanderer not a criminal.

It sounds like controlling or coercive behaviour, which is illegal.

BeardFaceMan

I'm not sure about this public shaming approach.

It's not just public shaming though, it's public warning.

Brundle-Fly

Don't get me wrong, his alleged conduct with women is disgusting but I'm not sure a blog is the way to expose it, but then, I guess it's the 21st Century equivalent of the pillory and you reap what you sow.

Glebe

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 17, 2021, 04:26:30 PM
Don't get me wrong, his alleged conduct with women is disgusting but I'm not sure a blog is the way to expose it, but then, I guess it's the 21st Century equivalent of the pillory and you reap what you sow.
You use the tools you have. If this stops one woman from buying a Bluetones album starting up a relationship with the sly fucker, then it's done its job, surely?

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 17, 2021, 04:36:09 PM
You use the tools you have. If this stops one woman from buying a Bluetones album starting up a relationship with the sly fucker, then it's done its job, surely?

I suppose so. Tawdriness isn't really a concern here but the truth always is.

Harry Badger

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on November 17, 2021, 03:26:24 PM
I'm in no way an expert on the expert on the Bluetones I'm sure I remember reading how one of their lesser-known songs had some dodgy anti-immigrant sentiments in the lyrics. I'm not sure I can find which one it was without having to go through their entire repertoire so it might take some time to find what it was.

I believe it was 'Keep The Home Fires Burning', not so much for the lyrics (which, being about domestic abuse, can now be viewed in a new light) but for an interview they did with Steven Wells at the same time where he made some questionable comments. http://www.bluetones.org.uk/interviews/2000/nme_19_02_00.html

Quote from: Harry Badger on November 17, 2021, 05:03:22 PM
I believe it was 'Keep The Home Fires Burning', not so much for the lyrics (which, being about domestic abuse, can now be viewed in a new light) but for an interview they did with Steven Wells at the same time where he made some questionable comments. http://www.bluetones.org.uk/interviews/2000/nme_19_02_00.html

Having scanned through some of their singles, I think it might've been the chorus of "Mudslide" that raised an eyebrow, which could be read as a bit dog-whistley in a certain context(especially after reading the interview with Swells up there). Might just be a bit of a reach, though.

QuoteThe scum's gonna keep on risin'
It swallows up the sun
Shining blue horizon
And everywhere you look
It's the same disguises
The lunatics it seems
From the whole asylum

Kankurette

I'm not sure about this public shaming approach. It does have a whiff of dirty laundry about it. He's an alleged crummy serial philanderer not a criminal. Although, I will say, if Marilyn Morris is allegedly throttling women then shame away.
It's not just the cheating, it's the mental abuse and the effect his behaviour has had on kids. I mean, denying you have a daughter when she's right there?
Quote from: purlieu on November 17, 2021, 02:46:24 PM
I should have guessed when she mentioned 'women's rights'.

Kankurette

The quote:
Quote"The Dunkirk spirit? Whatever that was, I'm not too sure. From what I gather from talking to my grandparents, because my grandparents have obviously got different opinions from what I have got about the way the culture has unfolded. I grew up with those kind of changes, I went to mixed-race schools, so for me it's the norm. But you see other people who've worked hard all their lives and they're finding that they're suffering because the nation has come so - as they see it - choked with, urn, y'know, people from Europe and Africa and Asia coming to live here as well, and that a lot of things like their pensions and their privileges are being taken away because they're going to other sections of the community."

phes

One of those guys who has a pretty fanatical fanbase. Fanatical