Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:34:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mark Morris of The Bluetones

Started by PaulTMA, November 17, 2021, 11:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbertharding

As for his statement... oh dear, what a mess.

I think, on balance, the only thing any of us can do is believe them both.

KennyMonster

I saw Mark Morris sometime recently, but pre-covid, (likely 2017 or 2018).

He was supporting Jim Bob, (ex Carter USM frontman*),

I have to say that Morris being a bit a ladies man, or the nasty piece of work as reported, seems very surprising going by the awkward looking performer I saw on stage then, he had absolutely no stage presence/stagecraft compared to the headliner.

The Bluetones were having top 5 hits in the mid 90s weren't they? 

*very extremely unlikely he's been a misogynistic sex pest, but then his fame was pre-Britpop so maybe that explains it. 

gilbertharding

I mean, I'm not surprised in the least that an awkward, uncharismatic person might use the status given to him by being in a rock group to have lots of sex with lots of women. It's a story as old as time.

Fairly sure I'd have had a lot more sex in my life if I'd been on Top of the Pops. And I'm equally certain that a fair number of the people with whom I'd had the sex might feel pretty unhappy afterwards - as if I'd mis-sold myself somehow.

KennyMonster

Quote from: gilbertharding on March 04, 2022, 03:12:04 PMI mean, I'm not surprised in the least that an awkward, uncharismatic person might use the status given to him by being in a rock group to have lots of sex with lots of women. It's a story as old as time.

Fairly sure I'd have had a lot more sex in my life if I'd been on Top of the Pops. And I'm equally certain that a fair number of the people with whom I'd had the sex might feel pretty unhappy afterwards - as if I'd mis-sold myself somehow.

Very true, but at first glance I thought you'd said

"...as if I'd mis-soiled myself somehow."

And maybe that's the REAL issue here.

ProvanFan

Let's not forget all the cars he probably shagged

gilbertharding

Meanwhile the 'If I'm lying, sue me' gambit employed by his wife betrays a real misunderstanding about how the law works.

PaulTMA

Brian

He said he liked my single "Koochie Ryder" at an Idler party almost 30 years ago so I gave him my spliff.