Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:58:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Solidarity with the tube strikers (Londoncentric thread)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 26, 2021, 09:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

It's utterly ridiculous that RMT drivers are being made to do Night Tube shifts. Having to do four weekend night shifts a year that you didn't sign up for seems really unreasonable.

They should have furloughed Night Tube drivers rather than abolishing the position. Unless I've missed something Tfl's decision seems really unfair on the drivers. What about drivers who don't feel safe travelling to their local tube station for a night shift?

Paul Calf

It's OK - they're all millionaire Thatcherite barrow-boy traders who drive Tube trains to keep their amateur status up for the Loveaduck Cockney Olympics.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteLondon First, which campaigns on behalf of London businesses, has branded the industrial action "disgraceful".

CEO John Dickie said: "The RMT going out on strike at such a critical moment in TfL's funding negotiations is disgraceful.

"In the run-up to Christmas, as London's businesses and Londoners try to recover from the pandemic, it is also self-indulgent.

"The RMT needs to get a grip: keeping London moving now is critical."

Would John Dickie be happy to be suddenly asked to do four night shifts a year?

I do wonder what this will mean for covid in London though given how packed trains and stations are today. Which is the fault of Tfl for this unreasonable imposition.

Fambo Number Mive

Oliver Kamm wants Young Labour shut down, seemingly because they criticised Khan's attitude to the tube strikes.

@OliverKamm
Replying to
@rob_marchant
This very silly organisation should be shut down by the party. I recall with complacency Ms Barnard imploring the leadership to show solidarity with
@YoungLabourUK
 over my own critique of it, and was apparently surprised that they prudently ignored her.

https://twitter.com/OliverKamm/status/1464566366518886404

steveh

Wonder if TfL feel they have to look tough on the train drivers given the current negotiations with the government over the funding needed to meet their shortfall in revenue.