Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:40:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ways to precipitate human extinction

Started by Johnny Foreigner, November 27, 2021, 10:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

How about regardless of the problems in the world or how bad the Torys are; we do not celebrate or entertain notions of the mass murder of humans.  Just a thought.

Frankly it is quite bizarre being on forum with so many posters that so regularly voice their misanthropic beliefs in a non-ironic fashion and think they are the good guys.

Video Game Fan 2000

I find it perverse that so many of the actually destructive things are done by people trying to survive or get a measure of comfort in the most unequal economic system anyone can imagine, whereas people in developed countries that are going carbon neutral and where green living is relatively viable are misanthropic and talk about the damage humanity is doing to nature. The only reason we have the luxury of thinking that way is that the climate cards have fallen in our favour and we don't have to sell palm oil to send kids to school.

The blame going to India rather than the US at cop sadly might be a sign of things to come.

chveik

we should start by guillotining the 1% and share all their assets equally. then we could plan our next step

Video Game Fan 2000

Oh no, can't accept refugees from this country, don't you know they burn wood and drive vans?

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: chveik on November 28, 2021, 08:20:12 PMthe dork enlightenment

Its one of his actually interesting essays but reads like it was written by a sentient trench coat.

chveik

i for one am surprised that an anarchist is advocating for mass genocide

Video Game Fan 2000

Kankurette

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on November 28, 2021, 08:09:24 PMHow about regardless of the problems in the world or how bad the Torys are; we do not celebrate or entertain notions of the mass murder of humans.  Just a thought.

Frankly it is quite bizarre being on forum with so many posters that so regularly voice their misanthropic beliefs in a non-ironic fashion and think they are the good guys.
I used to think like this and I'm glad I grew out of it. I am a bit of a misanthrope but I'm not comfortable with the idea that people dying in waves = a good thing. I mean, it is already happening in some places.

Johnny Foreigner

To set the record straight: I never mentioned the word misanthropy with regard to controlling population growth. Neither do I accept the implication that advocating for population control is right-wing. Nor do I accept any insinuation that I belong in the right-wing corner.*

But this is not about me. If you really care about people, making sure there are fewer of them is the decent, progressive thing to do. Humans are no different from flower borders: strewn sparsely, more flowers will bloom than if the soil is exhausted. Genocide has nothing to do with it.

*An utterly risible notion in any case. 'Take my taxes and leave me in peace' is my entire political motto. Social justice is good; it is nagging I cannot abide. I am all for equality and for shutting up about it.

jobotic

I don't know how we achieve equality but I am sure that shutting up about it isn't the way.

Also has anyone seen the goalposts?

Video Game Fan 2000

To be fair there is something to the idea that harassment is worse than alienation. But I don't think anyone is ever harassed by justice.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Johnny Foreigner on November 28, 2021, 09:02:55 PMBut this is not about me.

But you sure do seem to want to make it about you.  You are not the only one that flirts with this stuff.

QuoteIf you really care about people, making sure there are fewer of them is the decent, progressive thing to do. Humans are no different from flower borders......Genocide has nothing to do with it.

Sounds like something written in some despots memoirs.

Cold Meat Platter

I always think of teenage edgelords in the Slipknot 'People=Shit' T-shirt when folk start up with the self-hating human shit.

I was in a band with a guy who's still like this into his 40s who kept referring to humans as 'a cancer on planet earth'. Referring to humans as pathology is always popular before genocides, like were all the rage in the 20th century.

mr. logic

I don't understand why it has to start with other humans.

TrenterPercenter

It basically just means "I'm miserable and I want someone to pay for it!".  There is a Venn diagram somewhere with incels overlapping with it all.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: mr. logic on November 28, 2021, 09:23:25 PMI don't understand why it has to start with other humans.

Good point.  We could at least make it easy and start with, say, tortoises and sloths.  And just work up from there really.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: mr. logic on November 28, 2021, 09:23:25 PMI don't understand why it has to start with other humans.

It always does, can't they see they are getting in the way of their pleasure, trespassing on their beautiful countryside, running their beautiful vistas.....

mr. logic

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on November 28, 2021, 09:33:22 PMGood point.  We could at least make it easy and start with, say, tortoises and sloths.  And just work up from there really.

The point being I don't understand why '(other) humans are a cancer' but not the person with it on their t-shirt.

Kankurette

jobotic

Cold Meat Platter

Of course when you say, "why don't you kill yourself then?" it's considered in poor taste by these snowflakes.
Nihilists are very thin skinned.

the ouch cube

Suicide is actually a perfectly reasonable action in this context, because from your perspective, the whole human race will vanish.

But we're going extinct anyway, the issue is that the process is so agonisingly, endlessly slow. We're powerless to either put a stop to it, or to speed it up and get things over with. We just have to endure a perpetual winding down and spluttering out.

Cold Meat Platter

Well you have fun doing that. I'll be having a drink, eating a curry and smoking a big old bong with some tunes on.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

How about letting a bioengineered virus escape from a laboratory and allowing it decimate the human population?

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: mr. logic on November 28, 2021, 09:44:04 PMThe point being I don't understand why '(other) humans are a cancer' but not the person with it on their t-shirt.

Narcissism.

Johnny Foreigner

Youse are reading all kinds of intentions into my rather succinct initial question; this is what is called Hineininterpretierung.
I have said very clearly, more than once now, that killing people is out of the question, for various reasons. What I am concerned with is to halt population growth, i.e., to stop homo sapiens from proliferating.

Surmising some misanthropic, self-loathing motive behind a reasonable concern is mildly amusing but it is also too easy. It is a fudge and it is glib. Goodnight.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Johnny Foreigner on November 28, 2021, 11:35:10 PMYouse are reading all kinds of intentions into my rather succinct initial question; this is what is called Hineininterpretierung.

This is what's called redundancy

Video Game Fan 2000

As a serial typo producer, I love a good unintentional Youse especially when the sentence ends like that. I might give Wilheim Dilthey another shot if I could imagine him speaking like Bugs Bunny's impression of a gangster. Nyeah, see!