Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:35:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Most advanced country

Started by Crenners, November 28, 2021, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Ferris

No, and you know why.

Edit: that goes for both of you.

Sebastian Cobb

Enjoy ships crashing into your island mate.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 28, 2021, 03:58:33 PMEnjoy ships crashing into your island mate.

It's a vital part of the island's economic plan mate - ever seen Whisky Galore?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Ferris on November 28, 2021, 04:05:26 PMIt's a vital part of the island's economic plan mate - ever seen Whisky Galore?

I actually happened to be at what I think was the first showing of the remake some of the island cast were in the audience. Gregor Fisher and Eddie Izzard were nowhere to be seen.

To my shame I've not actually seen the original.

chveik

Cuba. the last proud communist nation on this wretched earth

Paul Calf

Quote from: shoulders on November 28, 2021, 02:43:33 PMAnd this goes for Eastern Europe as well, does it?

No. They just think you're an overpaid cock-end who has spare time to arse around Romania killing time until death in mid-range restaurants.

shoulders

It's fine to just say 'Actually yeah after 3 seconds analysis my logic evaporates on contact with reality'.

TrenterPercenter

Has anyone ever thought about just moving to another part of the city they live in rather than moving whole continents.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: shoulders on November 28, 2021, 04:16:04 PMIt's fine to just say 'Actually yeah after 3 seconds analysis my logic evaporates on contact with reality'.

Serious question though; why are you always in some European country; I'm not knocking it as it sounds great.  I presumed it was something to do with your work rather then you just being a jet setter.

Crenners

Great beers and they love fisting!

shoulders

Quote from: Crenners on November 28, 2021, 04:29:47 PMGreat beers and they love fisting!

No-one could seriously propose the Welsh, though.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

What's that country where they revered Prince Philip as a God? Go over there and claim to be the reincarnation of Philip, or say you're one of his bastard children. They'll worship you and cater to your every desire for the rest of your life.

It's dead sunny there too, although they don't have internets. Not even a 2G mobile signal.

poo

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on November 28, 2021, 05:55:48 PMWhat's that country where they revered Prince Philip as a God? Go over there and claim to be the reincarnation of Philip, or say you're one of his bastard children. They'll worship you and cater to your every desire for the rest of your life.

What do you mean reincarnation? He would have to die first.  I've heard he is just keeping a low profile at the moment due to all the ultra marathons he is running, in his bid to raise money for the victims of sex trafficking.

Ferris

shiftwork2

Obligatory counter to Ferriswheelbueller's expat claptrap - Canada has no culture of its own, some aspects of healthcare are not provided for at all (prescriptions, dentistry), its treatment of First Nation's people is frequently appalling and they have the Queen on the $20.  Four weeks annual leave is standard and considered amazing, claiming benefits is at a similar level of taboo to the US, and it's dominated by the car to the point that public transport is usually non-existent and walking is considered weird.  It's a pub with no atmosphere, a curry with no spice, a joke without any actual humour.  But admittedly it always does well in those Economist 'livability' polls, whatever that means.

Crenners

Yeah, a world with only Canada would be nice enough but nothing worth not nuking.

Ferris

ProvanFan

chveik

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 28, 2021, 07:17:41 PMObligatory counter to Ferriswheelbueller's expat claptrap - Canada has no culture of its own, some aspects of healthcare are not provided for at all (prescriptions, dentistry), its treatment of First Nation's people is frequently appalling and they have the Queen on the $20.  Four weeks annual leave is standard and considered amazing, claiming benefits is at a similar level of taboo to the US, and it's dominated by the car to the point that public transport is usually non-existent and walking is considered weird.  It's a pub with no atmosphere, a curry with no spice, a joke without any actual humour.  But admittedly it always does well in those Economist 'livability' polls, whatever that means.

a fine enough country for well-off white people. it's just the proximity with the US hellhole that makes it look good.

Johnny Foreigner

Denmark's nice. Good salaries, little hierarchy and no over-the-top emotional reactions from anyone. Love the language too. I should not mind living in Denmark.

Cuellar

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Johnny Foreigner

Proof that governments are unnecessary.
Little countryside, hideous coastline.
Rampant lowbrow populism permeating all the media.
Affordable public transport.
Very bureaucratic on the whole, especially for fiscal affairs.
Densely populated and rather polluted.

Zetetic

I'd have to go with the der erste sozialistische Staat der Arbeiter und Bauern auf deutschem Boden, as amply demonstrated by these bar charts.

(More bar charts of a similar layout are available.)

Sebastian Cobb

Oddly looking at that graph makes me oddly happy, i don't even want to understand it, it just makes me not want to helium bag myself for a bit.

Ferris

Quote from: Zetetic on November 28, 2021, 11:26:09 PMI'd have to go with the der erste sozialistische Staat der Arbeiter und Bauern auf deutschem Boden, as amply demonstrated by these bar charts.

(More bar charts of a similar layout are available.)

Yeah heard to argue with that to be fair (because I don't understand it).

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Ferris on November 28, 2021, 11:31:22 PMYeah heard to argue with that to be fair (because I don't understand it).

Der Twinnies related data

Cold Meat Platter

Nazi Germany
Boletaria
Ancient Greece
Atlantis