Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:31:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I have a new job

Started by Black Ship, November 28, 2021, 09:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Ship

Well...still chefing, but now I work at a Nicholson's in Westminster. I had to get out of where I was working because it was becoming increasing detrimental to my physical and mental health.

One of my colleagues at the chef academy I'm studying at, mentioned that they needed kitchen staff, so I basically jumped before I was pushed. Everyone at my new place is really friendly and helpful and the work ethic is decidedly more democratic than at my previous place. Two disadvantages, I do have to commute - which isnt so bad as the nearest tube station is literally across the road and the kitchen is up two flights of stairs, which is havoc on the knees. Other than that, I love it. It's so good not to have to go to work with a creeping sense of dread hanging over me.

We start with the Christmas bookings this week, so wish me luck!

poo

Pink Gregory

Your Black Ship has come in!

Congrats

shoulders

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Black Ship on November 28, 2021, 09:00:38 PMWe start with the Christmas bookings this week, so wish me luck!

Get on the amphetamines ASAP

Emma Raducanu

Kitchen where I work have lost four people. We're all ragged to fuck, stressed, angry and misserable with the situation. The creeping dread you mention has reared its head for the first time in over 12 years and it's fucking shit.
Thanks

Captain Z

Quote from: Emma Raducanu on November 28, 2021, 09:19:47 PMKitchen where I work have lost four people. We're all ragged to fuck, stressed, angry and misserable with the situation. The creeping dread you mention has reared its head for the first time in over 12 years and it's fucking shit.
Thanks

Are you working on your serving?

Pijlstaart

This is sounding positive, pie-centric offerings, hearty fare. Could never do pies myself, father only taught me to do pastry lids, he said anything with a pastry lid constituted a pie, went further downhill in the 2010s when everything had to be served deconstructed, so easy to fall into bad habits, but you keep it intact and the payoff is better, you feed people pies and the love you get back is like nothing else.

Westminster brimming with Men of Consequence, some you can pie, others you deny, you will be as Themis before them, napkin blindfold and floury weighing scales held aloft.

QDRPHNC

pancreas

Quote from: Pijlstaart on November 28, 2021, 10:17:00 PMyou feed people pies and the love you get back is like nothing else

Quite. Just ask Sweeney Todd. Best pies in London.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Congratulations.

NOW SHOW SOME FUCKING PASSION

Glebe

Glad to hear it Black Ship best of luck!

Cerys

Nice one, Black Ship!  Good to know you're happier.

TrenterPercenter

Congrats on the new job Black Ship! Let me know any good ideas for soup you have : )

canadagoose

I'm glad to hear that, Black Ship! I hope things continue to go well in your new job.

All Surrogate