Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:14:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Boris Johnson - Time Running out?

Started by Alberon, December 09, 2021, 01:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipsink

The thing about Boris is he's the worst of the lot in terms of dividing the country because his bumbling, loveable clown persona lets him get away with the worst shit. There's no cult for Gove or Patel in the same way so they won't be able to pass through authoritarian bills as easily. Gove is slippery as fuck in interviews but at all likeable (are any of them?) Patel is fucking dire in interviews, on Question Time and would absolutely crumble in PMQs week after week.

Panbaams

Ultimately Tory leaders are chosen by the membership, with MPs whittling down all the contenders to the final two. The only way Sunak will become leader is if the other option is Javid or Patel.

gilbertharding

He will, along with all the rest of them, go sooner or later. The real question is, if they aren't all made to stand in a line while the entire country gets to file past and give them a good hard kick in the crotch, what's the point?

mothman

Does effectiveness on either side of PMQs really matter?

Goldentony

no, nothing has ever come of PMQ's and that sounds sarcastic but honestly I can't think of anything that's come of a good PMQ's session other than lib dem vicars and fucking lads called honko besworthington from the independent get massive great fuck off hard ons

Kankurette

I dunno, I think Patel's relentless evil is a plus for a lot of people.

pigamus

Is it too late to change my username to Honko Besworthington

rjd2

Quote from: Panbaams on December 10, 2021, 06:08:54 PMUltimately Tory leaders are chosen by the membership, with MPs whittling down all the contenders to the final two. The only way Sunak will become leader is if the other option is Javid or Patel.

He normally polls with conservativehome which is the base does Sunak.

As alluded to yeah Truss especially is someone who you should keep on your side as the base love her, but she is to odd for the general public.

It's not a nice thing to say but Gove has a very odd face, many politicians are ugly and that does not hinder them, but those who think Boris is top bants are just going to look at Gove and think "Nonce".

Raab is to much of a caricature, Hunt somehow not right wing enough for the grass roots and Javid is very boring and the base who are mainly immigration hawks won't be happy with Patel.

Sad.

imitationleather

Michael Gove is even uglier in real life than he looks on telly.

He looks like he's had an unsuccessful face transplant.

Don't usually go in hard on people's looks but you really have to see it to believe it.

chveik

Quote from: imitationleather on December 11, 2021, 03:37:11 PMMichael Gove is even uglier in real life than he looks on telly.

do you hang out with him at bangface?

Sebastian Cobb

Imagine going to Bangface and getting pally with Michael Gove instead of watching dBridge beat Steve Davis at a game of pool.

imitationleather

I am not even taking the piss: My dad came home and found a wankered Gove on his doorstep asking for pub recommendations.

imitationleather

But my own experience was that I just saw him waking down the street once.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: imitationleather on December 11, 2021, 05:05:19 PMI am not even taking the piss: My dad came home and found a wankered Gove on his doorstep asking for pub recommendations.

Michael Gove once asked me the quickest way to the hospital... so I pushed him under a bus.

idunnosomename

Quote from: imitationleather on December 11, 2021, 05:06:44 PMBut my own experience was that I just saw him waking down the street once.
missed out an N?

imitationleather

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 11, 2021, 05:20:07 PMMichael Gove once asked me the quickest way to the hospital... so I pushed him under a bus.

He was probably on his way to get a face transplant.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: imitationleather on December 11, 2021, 05:05:19 PMI am not even taking the piss: My dad came home and found a wankered Gove on his doorstep asking for pob recommendations.

imitationleather

My dad's experience was the weekend after he was filmed in that Scottish club. The man was on a mad one.

mothman

imitationleather

Feels like someone has decided he's got to go.

imitationleather

Butchers Blind

Alberon

Quote from: mothman on December 11, 2021, 11:19:47 PMhttps://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-pictured-hosting-number-25675443

Surely? You know know what I mean. Surely, now, surely?

Starting to feel like all the stuff stored up from last Christmas is being drip-fed to the press to keep the story alive.

No. 10 has said

Quote"This was a virtual quiz. Downing Street staff were often required to be in the office to work on the pandemic response so those who were in the office for work may have attended virtually from their desks.

"The prime minister briefly took part virtually in a quiz to thank staff for their hard work throughout the year."

Trying the virtual quiz angle despite a picture of Johnson clearly violating the household bubble restrictions.

The Guardian is also saying -

QuoteSeparately, the Guardian was told a "wine and pizza" party attended by Tory advisers was held in Downing Street after a Covid press conference during the first lockdown, in spring 2020.

No 10 said the prime minister was in his flat "solely with his family" on the evening in question and the spokesperson denied knowledge of any gathering.

jobotic

Won't they just say that they are people who couldn't work from home and were therefore together in those same offices all day anyway?

I was in that situation at the time too - we didn't have any piss ups but we did spend all day together.

If someone is sitting on evidence that he had a boozy do in his flat he's fucked.

mothman

The charge seems to be that they were failing to socially distance while in the office. And that the PM has to have been aware of it.

I too was in a government office on 15 December last year. I was even doing a (written) Christmas quiz round about that time. But both my work, and the consulting on answers to the quiz with my teammate were done socially distanced (me and her were in offices 150 miles apart, so no huddling over drinks and canapés like the No. 10 quizsters). It wasn't difficult - maintaining distancing, that is; I guess the quiz wasn't either, we came second.

idunnosomename

if only someone could have told the electorate boris johnson was a fucking cunt

imitationleather

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 12, 2021, 12:30:00 AMif only someone could have told the electorate boris johnson was a fucking cunt

Do you regret voting for him now?

imitationleather

Zetetic

It's not going to end in a hanging, is it?

DrGreggles

Obviously I want Johnson gone and Zoom quizzes are for cunts*, but how is this a massive "GOTCHA" moment?
Didn't he say he "didn't attend" the party?

*Xmas pop quiz coming soon