Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:21:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dating and disability

Started by Jockice, January 07, 2022, 12:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Quote from: jobotic on January 20, 2022, 11:42:57 AMWho the fuck would say "have you had the op?" to a trans person? Or ask anyone they don't know very personal questions?

It's never bothered me because I don't mind talking about it, but so many people, strangers often, upon finding out I am adopted say 'can I ask, do you know why your mother gave you up?'

I think in future if I'm asked, I'll say 'I don't mind answering, but that's probably not something you should ask adopted people.'

Glebe

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 21, 2022, 09:30:11 AMAnyone who complained should have had their kids taken away from them and adopted by disabled black lesbians.

Jim Davidson goes into shock.

Jockice

know what you mean there but still think kids can be utter cunts too, unless the parents of certain children I knew told their offspring to pick on someone with (usual list here of all my differences). I mean you can say here that their parents may have brought them up to be cunts in general, but again I don't think it's necessarily the case, from my experience certainly. (Reply to Gurke And Hare here by the way. I cocked up the quote bit.)

Regarding Dr Rock's experiences of being adopted, the question about why your parents would give you up is covered in this one from the BBC3 series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUSJ7_1P7w8

Also, add being Scottish and not drinking alcohol from the series to the ones that apply to me. Yes, I've had every single one of those comments and questions. The whole thing is a great idea and very well done. I'm surprised I hadn't seen it before finding it by chance earlier in the week.