Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:13:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Neil Kulkarni’s shitty Tori Amos review and 90s music journalism in general

Started by Kankurette, January 13, 2022, 10:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 16, 2022, 10:32:32 AMRemember when Paul Lester reckoned all the best music was the stuff by young women he liked to wank over?

He didn't do that in The Lescar, thank heavens.

New page are we still doing the new page thing?

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 16, 2022, 10:32:32 AMRemember when Paul Lester reckoned all the best music was the stuff by young women he liked to wank over?

Now you mention it, I am looking forward to the new Grimes LP. 😒

I picked up a copy of Record Collector 2day, and you're right he is the editor.

I'd bet he'd trade in all his success in the dying music press industry for a full head of hair.

dr beat

Quote from: Jockice on January 16, 2022, 08:59:02 AMI haven't heard that one. I'm an occasional not seasoned CMP listener. So do tell me more.

In a recent episode Taylor talked of going out to the city of Turku in Finland to cover a festival in the 90s.  He went out drinking and befriended a local guy who turned out to be quite an intense fan of Taylor's work and obsessive about MM in general.  The punchline to the anecdote is that the Finnish guy asked Taylor: "so is Paul Lester a t**t"?