Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:41:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Damon Albarn Vs Taylor Swift

Started by willbo, January 25, 2022, 08:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkfromhavana

Quote"I wouldn't work with Damon Albarn again," commented Tricky. "We were walking through Leeds and we were in this fucked up area and I looked around and I said, 'These kids got nothing', and he said to me, 'They've got us' and I just thought, 'These kids are going in and out of jail they ain't go no money, how are we, especially, you... maybe you could say that about me, but I haven't got that arrogance to say... these kids they've got nothing, they're out hustling, but they got me' – I wouldn't be that arrogant."

Menu

Quote from: bgmnts on January 25, 2022, 10:42:28 PMDemon Days is a great album :(

Yes it is. I didn't like their first one though.

The Mollusk

First album's mint, Dan the Automator on great form. The "Laika Come Home" Spacemonkeyz album of dub versions is decent as well.

Menu

When I was about 15 I had a wee next to Damon Albarn. It was only a day after the release of Parklife so he wasn't THAT famous. Nevertheless his bodyguard came into the toilet with him just in case I attacked him or something I suppose. And.....can you guess where this interaction took place?

That's right!

BFI Southbank.

Pauline Walnuts

shoulders

Menu

Menu

Twit 2

Quite like Taylor Swift, some of her songs are excellent; haven't heard a single Blur song which isn't appalling drivel.

up_the_hampipe

bgmnts

Flimsy Steve put a big smile on my face.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Menu on January 26, 2022, 05:10:57 PMI was too scared to look.

I bet you would have if it was Taylor Swift.

Menu

Quote from: Pauline Walnuts on January 26, 2022, 06:18:25 PMI bet you would have if it was Taylor Swift.

Ooooh I might have a wank now.

poodlefaker

The only Taylor Swift release I'm familiar with is her terrible fragrance that my daughter got given for her 10th birthday that honked the house out and made me feel queasy for months. If Damon Albarn done a fragrance it would probably ming of old weed and bus seats.

Sebastian Cobb

is swifty selling her guffs in jars as well now? what a time to be alive.

Kankurette

Don't give her ideas!
Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on January 26, 2022, 10:16:21 AMI like blur a lot. Even the Great Escape. Sorry :(

T swift has done some songs that I like, but I always get a vibe from her that if we'd gone to school together she'd have been really really mean to me. So unfortunately I have no choice but to go full rockist on this one. Sorry again
It has its moments.

Damon definitely pushed a few heads down toilets, IMO.

holyzombiejesus

On the contrary. I live in a wonderful town. I neither have to see Damon Albarn in the street nor announce on a forum that I'm on nodding terms with him.

Video Game Fan 2000

Ever seen the Nardwuar interview?

BJBMK2

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on January 27, 2022, 06:55:06 PMEver seen the Nardwuar interview?

To be fair, Damon doesn't come off as the biggest cunt in that. Well, close second.

Twit 2

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on January 26, 2022, 12:34:17 PMHe's surprisingly down to earth etc.. Seriously though, been on nodding terms for years

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 26, 2022, 10:32:50 PMDesolation.

A damn sight more than a nodding acquaintance:

https://youtu.be/ETifvHKFZpc?t=14m12s

I'm on nodding terms with Taylor Swift.

ProvanFan

Me and Stick cunt have a special handshake

Nowhere Man

Damon's a bit of a berk but at least he's outwardly a berk.

Taylor swift gives high school bully pretending to be nice to the weirdos, before slagging them off behind their back to the other popular kids.

Goldentony

don't let the natural beauty of others intimidate and rule your life forever

jobotic

I've never met either of them but I am on bobbing terms with Fiona Apple.

sorryaboutthat

non capisco

I thought I was on nodding terms with David Gray but I think he's just got something wrong with his head.

PlanktonSideburns

I'm on nodding terms with the singer from slade