Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:58:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RIP Andy Ross

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, January 26, 2022, 11:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Former co-founder of top Leicester Punk Combo Disco Zombies and boss of Food Records, now legible for amusing posts such as "(worm)food records" at the age of 66. Loads of musicians paying tribute on Twitter, with Voice Of The Beehive seeming particularly upset. RIP, indeed.

Brundle-Fly

Back in the early 00s, I attended one of those Camden Crawl Demo Drop seminars at Dingwalls where musicians put their demos in a box and a panel of judges randomly selected ten tapes/CDS to give their opinion. Excruciating at times but a bloody interesting hour and a half. I remember Andy Ross being insightful and at one point very diplomatic.

Nearing the end, one audience member insisted the panel listened to his demo because "You are all going to be blown away!" He wouldn't take no for an answer. They finally acquiesced and we all listened to a competent, tasteful soul number. Ross said it was good but he wouldn't know what to do with it but to keep plugging on. This guy went ballistic and slagged off Blur and Jesus Jones but Ross managed to calm him down by saying if both of those bands came to him today, he wouldn't know what to do with them either as the public's tastes have changed. Ross then said to the bloke to come and meet him for a chat after the seminar, which seemed to calm him down. It's a shit business.

One of the good guys it seems. R.I.P.

the science eel

Disco Zombies did this which is of course one of the greatest things ever

clearly better than anything by tosspot fops such as Blur or Jesus Jones

RIP Andy