Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:24:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Outfit

Started by Mobius, February 15, 2022, 01:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

Thought this sounded interesting

Leonard is an English tailor who used to craft suits on London's world-famous Savile Row. After a personal tragedy he finds himself in Chicago, operating a small tailor shop in a rough part of town where he makes beautiful clothes for the only people around who can afford them: a family of vicious gangsters

Mark Rylance and Simon Russell Beale, got to be worth a go hasn't it?

Here's a review from The Guardian which also has a link to the trailer.

Butchers Blind

Thought this thread was going to be about the 1973 Robert Duvall film.

zomgmouse

Watched this on the plane yesterday. It's very well put together (cinematography by Dick Pope e.g.) and enjoyable, though feels a bit "chamber room mystery by numbers" sometimes in terms of narrative turns. Reminded me of No Sudden Move in that regard.

AsparagusTrevor

I watched this a few weeks back, quite enjoyed it, it had some clever moments but was undermined a bit
Spoiler alert
at the end by revealing Mark Rylance is an ex-badass mob-enforcer. I would've preferred he was just a man using his superior wits to outsmart a bunch of violent thugs.
[close]

Keebleman

God, sometimes I hate myself for settling down to random Netflix stuff.

A terrible film, awful in every respect.  1956?! The costumes were 1920s, the language 2020s. 

But I was so pleased to see Simon Russell Beale turn up.  He is massively underappreciated - I may be the only person to still think fondly of his Widmerpool in the Dance to the Music of Time series of the late 90s - but in this farrago he is ushered quickly away before he can inflict too much quality.