Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:34:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

TRUSS RETURNS

QuoteForeign Secretary Liz Truss is cutting short her trip to a G20 meeting in Indonesia and returning to London.

She will issue a statement "shortly", I am told.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote@Simon4NDorset
Ministers resigned *because* of the PM. The Party lost confidence *because* of the PM. It is beyond credulity that Mr Johnson can stay in office even pro tem. New constitutional territory but he has to go and go means go

Replies From View

Quote from: jobotic on July 07, 2022, 09:36:46 AMCorbyn should sue Zahawi, while we still have courts.

Completely should.  I don't understand why he couldn't sue anyone for defamation while it was all kicking off in the first place.  All that hand-wringing about "mustn't call right-wingers fascists/Nazis just because you disagree with them" whilst they were actively smearing Corbyn as "a dangerous antisemite".

jobotic

Visions of Truss in Indonesia getting a text then barging her way through a gamelan recital, bowls flying everywhere.

GET ME AIR FORCE ONE

Replies From View

Quote from: Alberon on July 07, 2022, 09:39:05 AMIf he's in office for another 32 days (which he probably will be) then he'll pass May's record.

Idiot doesn't even know how many days make a month.

Kankurette

Quote from: Replies From View on July 07, 2022, 10:41:54 AMCompletely should.  I don't understand why he couldn't sue anyone for defamation while it was all kicking off in the first place.  All that hand-wringing about "mustn't call right-wingers fascists/Nazis just because you disagree with them" whilst they were actively smearing Corbyn as "a dangerous antisemite".
Meanwhile, Jacob Rees-Mogg is RIGHT THERE.

Mr Vegetables

Quote from: Replies From View on July 07, 2022, 10:45:55 AMIdiot doesn't even know how many days make a month.

Well, if he made a new month called "Boris", he would make it the longest one, you see

e: oh god he would actually do this

Urinal Cake

I wonder if Boris fans will start hunting down/threatening Gove etc like MAGA fans did with Mike Pence.

A month is a long time.

Butchers Blind

idunnosomename

Quote from: Urinal Cake on July 07, 2022, 10:51:20 AMI wonder if Boris fans will start hunting down/threatening Gove etc like MAGA fans did with Mike Pence.

A month is a long time.
i dont know theyd have to drive to London all the way from Wiltshire and Devon and really theyre only used to driving to the shops these days

Fambo Number Mive

So if another Johnson scandal comes up next month while he is caretaker PM and it damages the Tories, is there anything the party can do, short of a load more ministers resigning?

It seems silly for the party to let him stay on.

lipsink

jobotic

Quote from: lipsink on July 07, 2022, 10:58:52 AMBut how will Ukraine cope without ShaggerBozza??

I believe they surrendered as soon as they heard he were resigning. So did Finland.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: lipsink on July 07, 2022, 10:58:52 AMBut how will Ukraine cope without ShaggerBozza??
All fit Ukrainian refugees are welcome at No 10 to repopulate the Ukraine.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe deputy chair of the Conservative 1922 Committee has joined colleagues calling for Boris Johnson to be replaced as prime minister immediately.

Johnson is set to quit as party leader today but hopes to stay as PM until autumn to allow a leadership contest to be held and a successor appointed.

But Nus Ghani, MP for Wealden, said Deputy Prime Minister Dominic Raab should take over from Boris Johnson immediately on an interim basis.

She told BBC's Woman's Hour he could do so this afternoon.

frajer

Quote from: Urinal Cake on July 07, 2022, 11:03:24 AMAll fit Ukrainian refugees are welcome at No 10 to repopulate the Ukraine.

Johnson's first policy, before war even broke out.

idunnosomename

Oooh it's not over yet. Still might get armed police rolling up to downing st and smashing the door in with an Enforcer

No. 11 of course. Because thats where he lives and also optics lads

greencalx

Apparently they only need 8 signatures from MPs to throw their hat into the ring, so we could yet see a comeback tour from Johnson.

Also means we will likely witness a veritable rogues' gallery of hopefuls.

The good news is that Liz Truss has cut short a foreign jaunt.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThere is a growing head of steam for Boris Johnson to go sooner rather than later, with Tory MPs Bob Neill and Aaron Bell - who publicly called for Johnson's resignation over partygate - questioning in the Commons whether he can really have an extended period as a caretaker.

And more are questioning his intentions privately and suggesting Dominic Raab takes over temporarily instead.

Really hope he has to go today and has a tantrum outside Downing Street and does a wee in his pants and everyone sees the wee running onto the ground

Buelligan

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 07, 2022, 10:58:42 AMIt seems silly for the party to let him stay on.

Heheh.  Not sure silly quite covers it. 

If they let him stay, none of them, from any party, should be running things.

How can you oust a leader because they are a liar, they've lost the confidence of their Party and their government (appointed Ministers of State) and then allow them to stay on as a caretaker? 

The point of the ousting was YOU DON'T HAVE FUCKING CONFIDENCE THAT THE INDIVIDUAL IS CAPABLE OF TAKING THE REQUISITE FUCKING CARE, YOU AWFUL CREEPS.

Either the man's too dishonest and unreliable to do the job or he's not.

robhug

they should go Mark Francois as interim as theres a good chance he'd have a cardiac arrest then have a general election

Gulftastic

Given his ability to fail upwards, I expect Johnson to be declared World Emperor shortly.

BritishHobo

If he does stay, can the 1922 Committee still call a VoNC next week?

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: greencalx on July 07, 2022, 11:09:10 AMApparently they only need 8 signatures from MPs to throw their hat into the ring, so we could yet see a comeback tour from Johnson.

Also means we will likely witness a veritable rogues' gallery of hopefuls.

The good news is that Liz Truss has cut short a foreign jaunt.
Just looking at who stood in 2019. Mark Harper? Esther McVey? Plus Raab, Gove, Javid, Hunt, Hancock, Leadsom, and little Rory Stewart who is the only man with hair as messy as Johnson.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Gulftastic on July 07, 2022, 11:14:04 AMGiven his ability to fail upwards, I expect Johnson to be declared World Emperor shortly

Hopefully they'll be able to beatify him soon

idunnosomename

Boris Johnson to give a classic "full-throated apology" and jog round the Downing St garden 100 times while wearing NHS and Ukraine badges. Then it's back to work!

Alberon

Amazing! Once I heard he was going I thought that was it, but now another row has broken out over when he will go.

I wouldn't put it past him to dig his heels in and refuse to resign until he's allowed to stay on until his successor is elected.