Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:25:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

Starmer knows any vote of no confidence he brings will fail, but it will force the Tories to vote for a Johnson led government again.

Replies From View

Mobius

Sky just said he's gonna come out and do his resignation speech in 30 minutes

Buelligan

Quote from: Alberon on July 07, 2022, 11:57:05 AMStarmer knows any vote of no confidence he brings will fail, but it will force the Tories to vote for a Johnson led government again.

More importantly, it suits Starmer to keep this going.  Why would he back a VONC and end it, when he can profit from the tories continued skip fire?  I mean, it's not like he's worried about the good of the country. 

jobotic

olliebean

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 07, 2022, 10:32:02 AMBoris Jonson doing the decent thing? If you gave him a revolver and a bottle of whisky you'd find him pissed up and fucking the gun when you opened the door.

Or putting another couple of bullets into Michael Gove.

Alberon

Quote from: jobotic on July 07, 2022, 12:00:00 PMIf he's resigned why is he appointing all these cunts?

Coz he's staying a couple more months and hoping he can stay on beyond that somehow.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 07, 2022, 11:51:51 AMIsn't this kind of talk from Heseltine going to make Brexiteers think that the getting rid of Johnson is a "Remoaner plot"? A lot of them seem to think that Johnson has been fighting a "Remoaner elite" like MAGA people think Trump was fighting some kind of "Deep State". Also, I'm not sure that we can just reverse Brexit or that the EU would let us back in.

Yes, it's absolutely the worst intervention anyone who genuinely wants to reverse the worst effects of Brexit could possibly make at this point.

seepage

I googled the designer and their website says "Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated" - sounds about right

Buelligan

Quote from: jobotic on July 07, 2022, 12:00:00 PMIf he's resigned why is he appointing all these cunts?

My understanding is he proposes to resign as head of the tory party (that way, no rule change and nothing done by the tory party can oust him).  He intends to remain as Prime Minister, with the right to appoint a government to serve under him.

JamesTC

BlodwynPig

Quote from: elliszeroed on July 07, 2022, 11:28:02 AMSo, with all these ministers resigned, who is running the fucking country, all these departments?

If there's some kind of emergency, terrorist attack, hyperbolic act, who makes decisions?

The civil servants

jobotic

Quote from: Buelligan on July 07, 2022, 12:03:00 PMMy understanding is he proposes to resign as head of the tory party (that way, no rule change and nothing done by the tory party can oust him).  He intends to remain as Prime Minister, with the right to appoint a government to serve under him.

But he's only the Prime Minister because he's head of the Tory party. Once he resigns he's just some cunt from Uxbridge.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 07, 2022, 12:01:55 PMYes, it's absolutely the worst intervention anyone who genuinely wants to reverse the worst effects of Brexit could possibly make at this point.

I think brexiteers need booting out now. Pandering to them has got us into an awful state of affairs.

Blue Jam

Alberon

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 07, 2022, 12:09:19 PMI think brexiteers need booting out now. Pandering to them has got us into an awful state of affairs.

Yeah, true, but it isn't going to happen. They run the Tories now.

daf

Mr_Simnock

Loving these last 48 hours of complete chaos from the blue turds, long may it continue

Norton Canes

superthunderstingcar

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 07, 2022, 12:09:42 PMSweep appointed Minister of Squeaky Toys
"What's that, Prime Minister? You want to play your xylophone?"

Mobius

Norton Canes

Indomitable Spirit

jobotic

He'll resign as MP if he does go I would have thought. Much bigger money to be made elsewhere.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 07, 2022, 12:15:12 PMExpect him to appear around ten to one

How are the BBC going to make him look less hungover in a live broadcast? Some kind of lens filter?

JaDanketies

Carrie needs to DTMFA. That might be what it takes to make me happy