Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:44:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Flux Gourmet (new Peter Strickland film)

Started by zomgmouse, July 07, 2022, 08:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Again returning to the world of sounds, this follows a group of "sonic caterers" (audio performance artists who play with food, is perhaps the best way to describe them - including Asa Butterfield and Ariane Labed) in a residency run by an eccentric benefactor (Gwendoline Christie) and chronicled - and indeed narrated - by a dietarily-troubled journalist (Makis Papadimitriou).

Channelling the Greek Weird Wave in some respects while also perhaps tipping a hat a little to Peter Greenaway (especially with all the
Spoiler alert
fart humour
[close]
).

Enjoyed this a lot!

Tokyo van Ramming

I got hold of this a few days ago, but the narrated parts weren't subtitled so I ceased my viewing.

I assume those parts are meant to be subtitled?

zomgmouse

Quote from: Tokyo van Ramming on July 07, 2022, 01:01:41 PMI got hold of this a few days ago, but the narrated parts weren't subtitled so I ceased my viewing.

I assume those parts are meant to be subtitled?

Indeed they are - frustratingly most subtitles seem to eschew subtitling the narration, or at least just say "Speaking Greek", which is particularly odd because the rest of it is in English. It took me a good few minutes to locate a set of subtitles with everything included. If you like I can send that to you?

Tokyo van Ramming

Ooh, thanks for the heads up! I like his stuff.