Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:25:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A thread for moaning on and on about how the Marvel films are shite

Started by Mister Six, November 04, 2021, 11:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

fuck off discussing this shite dickhead films in here, fucking hell, spiderman is worse than gary ridgway, utter tit film, waste of hard drive space, waste of fucking imax space, goatse live in 4k, tke the kids to that before I go to see thor

bgmnts

I wish I could explain why, say, the first three Star Wars films are amazing yet the current assembly line of Marvel's adventure schlock fests are not amazing.

I want to believe there are genuine differences but it's probably just age and that depresses me.

Replies From View

I think that if the first three Star Wars films were exactly the same film but with a personality void at the centre with the power of wielding a hammer, and the next one just had the power of wielding a frisbee, they'd probably be less amazing too.

Dex Sawash

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: Replies From View on December 31, 2021, 08:21:12 AMI think that if the first three Star Wars films were exactly the same film but with a personality void at the centre with the power of wielding a hammer, and the next one just had the power of wielding a frisbee, they'd probably be less amazing too.

To clarify - this doesn't mean that I hate playing the games 'pin the hammer on the donkey' and 'frisbee', but they are not spectator sports, and Marvel are very stupid to think they are.

Crenners

Imagine watching one of these and then pretending to get on with your day like a real person

Dr Rock

Crenners

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 26, 2022, 10:59:50 PMCenners, where do you stand on the films of Wes Anderson?

I don't like them at all.

I acknowledge that his films have a distinct visual identity and a carefully crafted voice. I find them lifeless, dull and hollow.

Dr Rock

madhair60

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: bgmnts on December 31, 2021, 02:38:08 AMI want to believe there are genuine differences but it's probably just age and that depresses me.
In each subsequent movie there is less Jar Jar, which is a clear improvement

Crenners

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 26, 2022, 11:27:21 PMWell we're on the same page there at least

I don't really have an opinion on the mcu, to be honest. I can't remember ever seeing one of the films. The first Raimi Spiderman? I don't know if that's mcu but I enjoyed them twenty years ago or whatever. Spiderverse was spectacular. I seem to remember a film with hulk smashing a guy in the floor and laughed at that. I'm sure they're entertaining enough.

I just don't really like superhero stuff or the comics I've tried so I'm not interested in the films or characters.

Replies From View

Isn't it just the fact that superheroes are comprehensively covered by Spider-Man, Superman, Batman and a few token girl ones, and all the rest are increasingly diminishing returns?

Superman can rebuild walls with his eye zapping powers, so what's the point having HyperBuilder alongside him?

Crenners

I like some of the Bat-man movies, really enjoyed rewatching the Burton one last year and then the Nolan trilogy. Very entertaining.

If I enjoy some Spiderman and some Bat-man I suppose I can say I do enjoy the mcu.

Replies From View

We're straying more into DC universe territory here, but did you know that "Batman" is short for "bathroom"?

And in America did you know that "bathroom" is a euphemism for "toilet room"?

It's because when they were first coming up with the name of Batman all they could think about was a bat signal that lured everyone up inside Batman's anus where they immediately started pissing and shitting and putting on make-up and things.

Interesting isn't it.  Also, he doesn't use a gun.

touchingcloth

"Batman! Is that a gun in your pocket, or..."

"OK. Yeah, so. It's the 'or'. Tiny narrow bat penis, angry and red and just aching to fill you full of hot white novel coronavirus.

I'm Batman."

Replies From View

YOUR PENIS IS DOUBLE-A, BATMAN!

THANKS BRO!

IT'S NOT A COMPLIMENT, DURACELL COCK!  *drives off*

touchingcloth

Have you ever panicked that you might unexpectedly encounter a Batman, for example if he comes into the shop or restaurant where you work and says "I'm Batman"?

To put both yourself and Batman at ease and avoid embarrassments, simply say "I have an aunt who's a Batman".

Goldentony

how many of these Spiderverse films are they going to get out of the idea but with other characters? IRL Spider's Man has been done and now Dr Nonce, do we get a multiverse that allows I, Ron Man back?

Replies From View

Iron Man except he spends the entire film jammed to a magnet.

dissolute ocelot

Until Spider-Pig gets his own movie, Marvel will always be shit.

touchingcloth

Iron Man except he's Sherlock Holmes except Sherlock Holmes is Charlie Chaplin except Charlie Chaplin is munted off his face on cocaine and booze.

Replies From View

Replies From View

Dr Strange except he isn't even that weird, to the extent that other characters routinely remark that he is a very normal man in all respects.

Captain America except he is Swiss.

Crenners

Imagine watching these films and talking to other people who watch these films and going about your day thinking "I'm not a cunt"

Magnum Valentino

Crenners

I'm pretty sure that past the initial discussion, there's almost no serious posts in the thread.

Apart from all mine.

Replies From View

The Incredible Hulk except he is a different colour - yellow for example!

Thor except he has a screwdriver instead of a mallet

Any characters left?