Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:53:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Matrix Resurrections

Started by Bad Ambassador, December 06, 2021, 09:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Ambassador

In the absence of any proper thread, here's one on the revival after 18 years of the most millennial of franchises.

The trailers suggest something quite different than just a conventional Part 4 of a trilogy, but after the misfires of Reloaded and Revolutions a degree of trepidation would be expected. Even so, this looks very exciting.

Noodle Lizard

I still can't get my head around them not even asking Laurence Fishburne to return as Morpheus. They all seem to be staying rather quiet about it, so perhaps we can expect a surprise appearance.

I'm looking forward to this anyway. I think it'll be daft and likely forgettable, but a solid Christmas trip to the pictures.

mothman

I'm rather hoping the Smith-replacement going "MisTERRR AnDERsonnnn...!" is just one little bit, a brief joke picked out as trailer bait, and not his whole schtick. We're done with Smith. His story is over. And arguably went on too long anyway. Getting in someone else just to do the exact same thing (whether Weaving was offered the chance to do it or not) would be a massive misstep.

Glebe

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on December 06, 2021, 09:49:13 PMI still can't get my head around them not even asking Laurence Fishburne to return as Morpheus.

Yahya Abdul-Mateen is supposedly playing a young Morpheus, dunno, Larry Fishburne could make a surprise appearance, if not then Lana Wachowski must have had some beef with him.

Butchers Blind

Would've preferred Speed Racer 2

Replies From View

Quote from: Butchers Blind on December 06, 2021, 10:30:53 PMWould've preferred Speed Racer 2

Always had you down more as a Micro Machines guy

bgmnts

Hope they address the fact that agents have lightening fast movement dodging bullets but run after Neo at normal speed.

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on December 06, 2021, 11:02:24 PMHope they address the fact that agents have lightening fast movement dodging bullets but run after Neo at normal speed.

Or that bullets arrive as clouds but even the fastest firing small arms would have ~80 yards between each projectile because they move that fast.

mothman

Ferris

11 rounds per second, travel anywhere from 300-990m/s. Fastest fire rate and slowest projectile means distance between each one is

.9s x 300m = ~27m

So not really close enough to be exciting. Sorry wachowskis, let down by some pretty rudimentary ballistics. Bet they're dead embarrassed.

Goldentony

its made up lads, fucking computers and all sorts

Goldentony

he's the ONE he's THE ULTIMATE IN FUCKING AND FIGHTING

Goldentony

AND THEY KNOW IT THATS WHY THEY'RE ON HIS ARSE NON STOP THEYRE PISSANTS

13 schoolyards

A guy I know says he "has it on good authority" that this is "an absolute train wreck", which had me worried until I saw the new trailer which features a literal train wreck

mothman

Quote from: 13 schoolyards on December 07, 2021, 02:59:05 AMA guy I know says he "has it on good authority" that this is "an absolute train wreck", which had me worried until I saw the new trailer which features a literal train wreck
Ooh! You know Keanu? What's he like? Is he as nice as everyone says?

Replies From View

Replies From View

dalm-agen' smith who isn't in it because he's been snapped up by the dogtanian producers instead

Replies From View

the albino chuckle brothers who can flange through vehicles in a car chase muttering to me to you

Replies From View

Quote from: mothman on December 07, 2021, 08:55:58 AMOoh! You know Keanu? What's he like? Is he as nice as everyone says?

older

dead-ced-dead

I have a lot of time for the Wachowskis, even if it is only Lana returning. They bring a bizarre charm and energy to their films that feel personal. So even if they make films that a lot of people don't like (Jupiter Ascending), they still feel a lot more sincere and lived-in than every MCU film combined.

Really looking forward to this.

Replies From View

The MCU, Transformers etc are quite a low bar for these kinds of comparisons.

13 schoolyards

Quote from: mothman on December 07, 2021, 08:55:58 AMOoh! You know Keanu? What's he like? Is he as nice as everyone says?

Top bloke right up until he asked me where my copy of Dogstar's second album was

VelourSpirit

I'm going to love this, no negative comments please

mothman

I think it'll likely be my next cinema outing.

Ferris

Quote from: mothman on December 07, 2021, 08:40:39 PMI think it'll likely be my next cinema outing.

No way of streaming it on release is there? Still not keen on cinema (and that's before you get babysitters etc involved) but will happily pay for it.

Do these launch on iTunes etc nowadays? In case you can't tell I'm fucking past it.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Ferris on December 07, 2021, 08:50:54 PMNo way of streaming it on release is there? Still not keen on cinema (and that's before you get babysitters etc involved) but will happily pay for it.

Do these launch on iTunes etc nowadays? In case you can't tell I'm fucking past it.

I think it's exclusive to HBOMax in the US, so you'd need to get that. There may be a free trial for HBOMax if you don't have it already, but sometimes streaming services stop their free trials just before big movies are released so people don't get the trial then cut it off as soon as they've seen something big (ooh er).

QDRPHNC

mothman

I won't hurry to see it in the first rush after release, and not even then if there's a massive spike in infections etc. but it's nice to have something to aim for. I was able to go see Bond and Dune in the cinema, so..?

Ferris

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on December 07, 2021, 08:57:47 PMI think it's exclusive to HBOMax in the US, so you'd need to get that. There may be a free trial for HBOMax if you don't have it already, but sometimes streaming services stop their free trials just before big movies are released so people don't get the trial then cut it off as soon as they've seen something big (ooh er).

Annoyingly, you can't get HBO in Canada because [insert reason here].

I was hoping to just buy the fucker from some tax-dodging media conglomerate and watch it on me telly after the nipper's gone to bed. Is that not gonna be likely?