Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:40:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Won't somebody think of the snakes?

Started by Serge, July 03, 2010, 04:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serge

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4313978.stm

So quiet and dull in the shop this afternoon that I'm looking at the funny animal stories on the BBC News website. Well, not that funny from the snake's point of view, I guess. Eyes bigger than belly, etc. Love the line, 'The head of the python was missing'.

pk1yen

How was the head missing?! Where did it go? It must have been intact when it swallowed the Alligator, otherwise there'd be no peristalsis to get the thing down inside it.
And then presumably the alligator, in it's death throes, scratched at the inside of the snake-belly until it popped, releasing the Alligator but not quite enough for it to escape. So it can't have escaped and then bitten off the head.
Did the head come off like a snake made of Lego during the final bursting forth of froth and beast? Did another opportune head-hunter come along and grab the head while it was busy having been ripped apart?

WHERE DID IT GO?!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuotePage last updated at 21:42 GMT, Wednesday, 5 October 2005 22:42 UK

I got caught out by that 2 years ago. Channel 5 even made a FUCKING HELL LADS programme about it, as they would.

Serge

Ha! I didn't even notice that. Obviously a lot of bored shop assistants looking it up to send it into the top ten news stories this afternoon.

Viero_Berlotti

As the son of an amateur Herpetologist I can confidently say that there was no way that the snakes stomach "exploded" due to the size of the alligator, it's simply not possible. The most likely scenario is that hunters/poachers stumbled across the snake digesting it's meal. The mean and nasty people then cut the snake's head off and slit open it's stomach to see what was inside.

Welshy

Now that's what I call a bush-tucker challenge!! No but seriously I think maybe the snake died from nerves.

Has anyone actually seen a snake in the wild? (In the UK and Ireland) There are meant to be grass snakes and adders about somewhere.

Welshy

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on July 03, 2010, 09:17:38 PM
Has anyone actually seen a snake in the wild? (In the UK and Ireland) There are meant to be grass snakes and adders about somewhere.

Well i'm from Wales and i've got a snake in my pants if you'd like to see/touch it?

rudi

Yeah, lots. Hampshire is full (not literally) of the buggers.

ThickAndCreamy

I live in the suburbs of London and even I saw a snake in some incredibly pathetic woodland nearby a little while back.

Cerys

I've never seen one, and am therefore somewhat jealous.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

There are no snakes in Ireland. Saint Patrick chased them all off.

I saw a grass snake once, with a toad attempting to crawl out of its mouth. I'd watched Aliens not long before and thought it was a chest burster.

Sovereign

Yeah there's adders in the woods near where I live, but you can't stick around and play with them, if they bite you it's bad news, they probably wont kill you but they can still fuck you up.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I also found a slow worm in the garden once. But that's not a snake, of course.

Big Jack McBastard

Snake eats Hippo was a good one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbCZYBGApnI&feature=player_embedded
Being regurgitated, I think/hope, christ imagine dropping that bugger off at the pool. the fun starts at about 0:47

And one that scoffed a pregnant ewe.

Cerys

Did anyone else feel an odd sense of satisfaction as the hippo emerged?  Like watching a surreal birth.

biggytitbo

I have no sympathy for the snakes, they're just greedy. Don't they know there's people starving in Africa?

rudi