Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:12:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your best Male Fail

Started by HappyTree, July 04, 2010, 06:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirhenry

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on July 06, 2010, 10:39:32 PM

Where in the US are you going Shoulders?
I think you've just answered your own question there.

El Unicornio, mang

I would totally mong his face onto that pic if I could be bothered

rudi

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on July 06, 2010, 10:39:32 PM
They definitely give you more spirits in your mix drinks in the US

You want to try most of continental Europe, love. They nkow how to pour spirits. In Greece tey stare at you until you realise you're supposed to say "stop".

QuoteThere was one barman at a club in Orlando I frequented who I avoided getting served by, for the simple reason that he put way too much Jack Daniels in my Jack and Joke, to the point where you could barely even taste the coke and it was like drinking it straight.

You want the male fai... oh, this is that thread. Carry on, young lady...

El Unicornio, mang

Yeah I'm a girly drink drunk, I know

alcoholic messiah

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on July 06, 2010, 11:37:02 PM
I would totally mong his face onto that pic if I could be bothered
Lazy sod.

Zero Gravitas

Cerys

alcoholic messiah, I love you.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on July 06, 2010, 10:39:32 PMAlso, might I recommend what I guess you would call 'sexy' bars where the staff are all really hot girls in skimpy uniforms, such as the chain pub The Tilted Kilt?

That reminds me of when I accidentally wandered into a 'Teasers' and was very shocked after initially (and very rudely) failing to look at the waitress during my initial drinks order.

I suppose that's sort of both a 'male' and 'basic social interaction' fail, do I win?

Big Jack McBastard

A male friend once asked me: "What moisturiser do you use?", a serious drop in man points for him there and a few in my pocket when my honest reply was "Water."

But damn it all I just used some for the first time in my life, only on my hands mind and they are on the verge of being the driest hands in the bastard country, skin peeling off them and the like (happens to me every summer but this one has been a bugger due to the lack of moisture in the air, they're actually getting painful). A vaguely coconutty aroma hangs in a shroud around me during this girlish act.

Small Man Big Horse

The same thing happened to me about 10 years ago Jack. Ah, how I mocked him at the time, though nowadays he does still look mid-twenties, whereas most people think I look about 40. :(

Treguard of Dunshelm

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on July 08, 2010, 06:47:23 PM
A male friend once asked me: "What moisturiser do you use?", a serious drop in man points for him there and a few in my pocket when my honest reply was "Water."

But damn it all I just used some for the first time in my life, only on my hands mind and they are on the verge of being the driest hands in the bastard country, skin peeling off them and the like (happens to me every summer but this one has been a bugger due to the lack of moisture in the air, they're actually getting painful). A vaguely coconutty aroma hangs in a shroud around me during this girlish act.

Drinking lots of water is really the best way to care for your skin. If you use moisturisers or similar products your skin will acclimatise to them, and when you stop using them will miss them.

Surely one of the best things about being a man is not being such a victom of the beauty myth, and hence not as big a target for the cosmetics industry.

El Unicornio, mang

Pretty much all single men under 50 make an effort to beautify themselves these days though. Some bloke might make fun of me for using moisturiser or dying grey hairs, but at the same time he's going to a tanning booth and spending 100 quid on a designer shirt.

Big Jack McBastard

That mate I mentioned is ageing for the both of us, he's on the Just for Men and moisturiser at 28 while I retain my youthful visage by simply, being a hermit. He's my Dorian Grey portrait I think.