Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:14:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Singer Smashes Snappy Snaps

Started by Ignatius_S, July 06, 2010, 04:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignatius_S

QuoteSinger George Michael was arrested after his car crashed into a shop in north London, it has emerged.

The former Wham! star, 47, who was banned for driving for two years in June 2007, is thought to have crashed into a branch of Snappy Snaps photo store near his home in Hampstead.

Michael was held by police on suspicion of being unfit to drive after the alleged incident in the early hours of Sunday morning.

A police spokesperson said: "Police were called at about 3.35am on Sunday 4th July to a report of a vehicle in collision with a building.

"Officers attended and a man aged in his 40s was arrested on suspicion of being unfit to drive. He was taken to a north London police station and later bailed pending further inquiries to a date in mid August."

The Careless Whisper star's spokesperson refused to comment.

A spokesperson for Snappy Snaps confirmed damage to the shop but said they had not been told who was arrested.

In June 2007, Michael was sentenced to 100 hours community service over the next 12 months, disqualified from driving for two years and ordered to pay £2,325 in costs.

He had admitted driving while unfit, saying he was guilty due to a combination of tiredness and taking prescription drugs.

The star was found slumped at the wheel of his stationary Mercedes car at a road junction in north London
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jxwWhlwxn3YZq_5NfYa7I0CAhGyg

Jemble Fred

"Tut, tut, tut, George. What are we going to do with you, my lad?" (Tousles hair)

koeman

It's like when a pop star attacks the paparazzi, but on a slightly grander scale. There's something comforting about stories like these that keep reoccuring, you know where you are with them. Until he mows some poor bastard down, of course.

Reminds me of the joke that went round the last time he did it (or maybe the time before) about him swerving to avoid a scooter, and blaming it on a careless vespa.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I think we're all aware that he's a stupid prick.

I really hope 'The Careless Whisper' wasn't added just because it contains the word 'careless'.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Jemble Fred on July 06, 2010, 04:46:32 PM
..."Tut, tut, tut, George. What are we going to do with you, my lad?" (Tousles hair)
That really has made my day - lovely choice of photo.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Gazza, Boy George and George Michael seem to be the holy trinity of regular-as-clockwork British fuck-ups. They just can't cope with fame, or life very well it seems.

boki

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 06, 2010, 04:49:06 PMI really hope 'The Careless Whisper' wasn't added just because it contains the word 'careless'.

Your optimism sickens me.  He wants to start smashing into massage parlours so he can be "The 'I Want Your Sex' star" again that's what he wants.

Ambient Sheep

All I want to know is why won't he hire a chauffeur?

Viero_Berlotti

Or phone a taxi, it's not difficult and he can't be short of a few bob. He's probably spent it all on weed, kebabs and rent boys though, eh Ricky?