Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:38:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I think I may be about to get banned

Started by hoverdonkey, July 07, 2010, 02:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoverdonkey

from a forum because I had the temerity to ask why a thread had been locked. It was a harmless thread, developing into an entertaining one, with no abuse being dished out. I received this PM: 

QuoteI have removed your thread entitled:

'Why lock a harmless thread?'

CCC7c clearly says:

© Any complaints about the way ****** is run should go by PM to the mods. Any complaints about the mod team should go by PM or email. It isn't okay to publically complain about any *****, least of all those who give so much time and effort to help keep ****** running smoothly.

We were wondering why you chose to ignore that part of the CCC by starting that thread? We look forward to hearing your thoughts on the matter.

Thanks,

They look forward to hearing my thoughts on the matter. I have obliged, in a manner which I hope expresses my contempt for their trumped-up sanctimonious nonsense, but doesn't get me banned. In truth, I don't give a shit. It's a football forum and the rules have worked in keeping the place civilised, but it's like walking on egg shells. The sort of place where the word 'fuck' autocorrects to 'naff'. Given the number of Spurs fans on here, I imagine they are members too.

In short, thanks Neil. This place is ace.

Utter Shit

Is it Spurscommunity? The mods there are gimps.

One time they closed a topic because it was "too busy" and they didn't want to have to check it to see everyone was behaving themselves. The PM discussion went like this:

Quote from: MeWell thank God all that interesting discussion I was working my way through reading has disappeared so that you don't have to bother your arse later on. Perhaps a compromise can be reached whereby someone who can be bothered can replace you [as mod], so that topics won't need to be constantly pruned.

Quote from: ModI've removed your access to the TR forum.

Seemed the best 'compromise' to me.

Quote from: MeOK, I'll send a PM to [the owner] regarding this, thanks for letting me know.

I assume [another mod] will have his access removed as well, given the insults he threw at [another poster]? Unless outright abuse is lower on the list of offences than a snidey comment?

Quote from: ModI've just sent a PM which must have crossed, but I think you're referring to [the other mod], yeah that's being dealt with by one of the mods.

i've reinstated your access as I usually take snidey comments in my stride so probably acted a bit hastily.

So basically he went from banning me from a particular section of the forum to completely unbanning me and apologising, and all it took was a vague implication that I might go over his head to the boss. As soon as I pointed out that one of his mod buddies had behaved worse than me, he backtracked immediately.

Neville Chamberlain

Bah! I clicked this thread secretly hoping it would be one of those rare but explosive threads containing a long and personally absuive tirade against the CaB commnuity and rounded off by a massive flounce!

hoverdonkey

Not spurscommunity. Never been there, although their 'ITKs' are often quoted. To be honest, I'm rarely on there these days. Tired of football. But there was an rather funny thread developing about the questions that get asked repeatedly on the forum. Yeah, you had to be there...

No flounce Neville. I don't have the time or the energy to get worked up online anymore. I had a run-in with Neil a few years ago. Once bitten etc

mook

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on July 07, 2010, 02:46:49 PM
Bah! I clicked this thread secretly hoping it would be one of those rare but explosive threads containing a long and personally absuive tirade against the CaB commnuity and rounded off by a massive flounce!

there's still time - don't give up hope.

MojoJojo

Quote from: hoverdonkey on July 07, 2010, 02:32:25 PM
from a forum because I had the temerity to ask why a thread had been locked. I have obliged, in a manner which I hope expresses my contempt for their trumped-up sanctimonious nonsense, but doesn't get me banned. In truth, I don't give a shit. It's a football forum and the rules have worked in keeping the place civilised, but it's like walking on egg shells. The sort of place where the word 'fuck' autocorrects to 'naff'. Given the number of Spurs fans on here, I imagine they are members too.

In short, thanks Neil. This place is ace.

errr... you do know that one of the few rules specified in the guidelines here is that moderation complaints/discussion should only be done by PM. So the rule you've apparently broken over there is one here too.

boki

Quote from: mook on July 07, 2010, 03:03:14 PM
there's still time - don't give up hope.

I wonder if there's someone on here we could mock right up to the edge and beyond...

hoverdonkey

Quote from: MojoJojo on July 07, 2010, 03:06:22 PM
errr... you do know that one of the few rules specified in the guidelines here is that moderation complaints/discussion should only be done by PM. So the rule you've apparently broken over there is one here too.

Yeah, but I can say fuck here :) It's more the entire patronising, holier-than-thou atmosphere that gets my goat. It's a football forum, not primary school assembly

mook

Quote from: boki on July 07, 2010, 03:07:38 PM
I wonder if there's someone on here we could mock right up to the edge and beyond...

go for it - that cerys bloke needs knocking down a peg or two - and his wife with the long hair and a penchant for twatting folk with a plastic sword need a proper fucking banning. and hpmons... she scares me.

weekender

Quote from: hoverdonkey on July 07, 2010, 03:13:37 PMIt's a football forum, not primary school assembly

Ah, the "It's a Chris Morris forum, why are they upset that I'm laughing at their steamrollered child?" defence.

weekender

Quote from: mook on July 07, 2010, 03:13:58 PMthat cerys bloke needs knocking down a peg or two - and his wife with the long hair and a penchant for twatting folk with a plastic sword need a proper fucking banning

God I'm so glad they annoy you too.  It's when they both post in the "Who do you fancy?" thread and both admit to fancying the same person that scares me the fuck up.  Let's hope they never have kids.

Lee

Quote from: weekender on July 07, 2010, 06:44:59 PM
Ah, the "It's a Chris Morris forum, why are they upset that I'm laughing at their steamrollered child?" defence.

To be fair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnCuwpnwscE

hpmons

Quote from: mook on July 07, 2010, 03:13:58 PM
go for it - that cerys bloke needs knocking down a peg or two - and his wife with the long hair and a penchant for twatting folk with a plastic sword need a proper fucking banning. and hpmons... she scares me.

Hm, what? I'm not scary, I'm utterly delightful.

Zero Gravitas

I find you terrifying, albeit in an utterly delightful way.

weekender

mook

i find her terrifying, albeit in an utterly terrifying way. this is mainly because she is borderline insane and lives near me.

weekender

We should all post in the 'male-fail' thread for being scared of a woman.

Zero Gravitas

If that's what you thing, I've got a paradoxical inversion for you.

alan nagsworth

Well if we're all getting banned I'd like to nominate Neil to get banned first for even conspiring to ban us in such an inverse way as a thread like this. The amount of bannings that go unnoticed here like some secret culling, it sickens me. And as for the rest of you cunts...

SMELL YA LATER! ... MUCH LATER!!!

Little Hoover

Quote from: mook on July 07, 2010, 07:20:14 PM
i find her terrifying, albeit in an utterly terrifying way. this is mainly because she is borderline insane and lives near me.

Boderline?

Cerys

Quote from: weekender on July 07, 2010, 06:46:47 PM
God I'm so glad they annoy you too.  It's when they both post in the "Who do you fancy?" thread and both admit to fancying the same person that scares me the fuck up.

You may be interested to know that we have been inspired by a recent film to be made into one elongated person - a 'whorepede', if you will.  Clearly I get to be in front, and type all his posts - which he dictates to me via a rather stimulating form of morse code.

Cerys

Consignia

hpmons

Quote from: mook on July 07, 2010, 07:20:14 PM

But I've lived near you for three years and still managed to keep myself from visiting you and your girlfriend and your dog in the small village of Alfriston, or looking for you in the pubs on the High Street.

mook

^ see, this is why she scares the fuck out of me. and why i drink in milton st.

Mary is not amused

I cannot tell who's grooming who, here.

mook

it ain't me flowerpot, it ain't fucking me.