Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:35:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Unexpected pictures of musicians together

Started by Nowhere Man, August 28, 2018, 07:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

I have no idea who half these cunts are, label the pics please

Tikwid

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 12, 2023, 10:18:32 PMI have no idea who half these cunts are, label the pics please
That last picture already has labels on it though???????? They're all named Tiff

NoSleep

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 12, 2023, 10:18:32 PMI have no idea who half these cunts are, label the pics please

Clearly the last one is a reunion of legendary NY band, Blondie.

NoSleep

Quote from: Tikwid on September 13, 2023, 01:14:04 AMThey're all named Tiff

They've had more than their fair share of those, at least.

phantom_power

David Byrne thinking "shit, where's my keys?"

famethrowa

I very much appreciate that Jerry is paying homage to their 1978 album cover, well done lad

studpuppet

Saw this on Twitter earlier today, taken on June 5th 1975. Unexpected, in that the only photo I'd seen previously of Syd at Abbey Road was him by himself. This must be when Roger played him 'Wish You Were Here' and he said he didn't like that it sounded so old:

Pete23

Amazing - he looks like your typical middle aged Oasis fan rather than the acid-damaged obese monster that most of the stories seem to describe.

Nowhere Man

Quote from: studpuppet on September 13, 2023, 11:07:03 AMSaw this on Twitter earlier today, taken on June 5th 1975. Unexpected, in that the only photo I'd seen previously of Syd at Abbey Road was him by himself. This must be when Roger played him 'Wish You Were Here' and he said he didn't like that it sounded so old:

That looks like one of the screenshots I put onto reddit yesterday, although Mark R Jones from Stevehoffman.tv deserves the credit for taking the screenshots in the first place from a Belgium TV airing. It's quite strange that these pictures are only coming to light now, when the documentary has been around in different places for several months.

Here are the other two pictures from the same session. Quite interestingly, Syd can be seen strumming a guitar next to Roger Waters. (You'd like to think they could have recorded at least a guitar lick of it, but alas.)

Glebe

DJ Bob Hoskins

Brian Jones, Nico, The Actor Dennis Hopper, Judy Collins.

NoSleep

In some respects I would expect to see those people all in the same room at some time. Good photo, though.

Quote from: jamiefairlie on August 13, 2023, 03:23:38 PMThe guy behind Wilson sure looks like Derek Jameson, any reason why it wouldn't be?

I realise I'm very late to this, but isn't that Frank Carson?

lauraxsynthesis

Get ready for John Lydon, Jello Biafra and Bob Mould!

non capisco

I thought Jello was Rip Torn there at first.

JaDanketies

Non-Cradle-of-Filth fans may be unaware of the upcoming collaboration between Ed Sheeran and Cradle of Filth. Here's a picture of frontman Dani Filth sharing a pint and a pub meal with the great man. I think the other guy is the CoF drummer

Glebe

NoSleep

Quote from: DJ Bob Hoskins on December 18, 2023, 11:44:37 PM
Brian Jones, Nico, The Actor Dennis Hopper, Judy Collins.

Another one featuring Nico, in, perhaps, more surprising company. Although they look like they were made for each other.

Quote from: Kohntarkosz - The BlogNew 1973 Photo Found: Magma and Nico
It takes something very rare to make me resurrect this blog again and to add a new post. But this is one of those occasions.

Thanks to Kohntarkosz friend Olivier Fromentin for finding this unseen photo on a Facebook group.

This was taken backstage at the Reading Festival in the summer of 1973.

From left to right: Claude Olmos, Gerard Biakilo, Klaus Blasquiz, Christian Vander, Jannick Top, and Nico.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: NoSleep on December 19, 2023, 05:54:32 PMAnother one featuring Nico, in, perhaps, more surprising company. Although they look like they were made for each other.

Quote from: NoSleep on December 19, 2023, 05:54:32 PMAnother one featuring Nico, in, perhaps, more surprising company. Although they look like they were made for each other.

Ah man I thought that was the Big Boss Man. I really really wish it was the Big Boss Man.

NoSleep

He was 10 when that photo was taken. The Big Boss looking guy is actually the real Big Boass Man, Jannick Top.

Head Gardener

Ant Farm Keyboard

They both play on the same Bob Dylan track, a cover of Arthur Alexander's "Sally Sue Brown" recorded in 1987 for Down in the Groove, one of his worst albums.

bigfatheart

Genuinely thought Steve Jones was Noddy Holder when I first saw that.

Ant Farm Keyboard

And Paul Simonon has turned into John Waters without the moustache.

Video Game Fan 2000

You can crush us, you can bruise us
But you'll have to answer oh
ohhhhh ted cant hear ya