Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:02:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

David Shrigley turns The Da Vinci Code into Nineteen Eighty-Four

Started by Blue Jam, October 26, 2023, 01:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67218454

Quote from: David Shrigley"I read the story in the Telegraph and that sparked my imagination in the sense that I was like 'I want those. I don't know why, but I want them.' So, I set about acquiring as many Da Vinci Codes as I could."

Haha mad lad... I did smile at this:

QuoteOne thing that surprises me is that Shrigley has not actually devoured The Da Vinci Code from cover to cover, saying that he's "read most of it" and "dipped into it", while trying to find a quote he could use from it for the foreword of his 1984, but he gave up as he was failing to find any relationship at all between the two books.

and this:

QuoteAs for the Oxfam shop, manager Phil says they have almost reached the stage of having to ask for no more donations of another book: "At the moment it is the Richard Osman series, you know, the Thursday Murder Club."

Shrigley promises me outright that he will not be collecting those.

Clive Dogshit

Sick burn on Richmond Oblong.

I like David Shrigley he's like me if I could be arsed to get out of bed.

Vodkafone

If Dan Brown is 'in transit', I hope that means he's been eaten by a tiger and is en route to its anus.

Icehaven

He wants to use 50 Shades of Grey next, there's probably easily way more unwanted copies of that (and the equally shitty sequels) hanging round. He could make an entire library of classics and donate it to a school or something. 

Icehaven

Quote from: Vodkafone on October 26, 2023, 09:37:02 PMIf Dan Brown is 'in transit', I hope that means he's been eaten by a tiger and is en route to its anus.

It actually does sound like a euphemism for dying.

Blue Jam

I'd like to take all the unsold copies of Tough Crowd and transition them.

Jim_MacLaine

A nothing idea really. Weak sauce to justify 1984 apart from it's out of copyright.

Pricey too. First 250, £495 and the rest, £795 each.

Clive Dogshit

I'd like to pulp all of Richard Osmond's unsold books and build a papier-mache Alexander Armstrong, then I'd shout quips at it across my hickory-panelled kitchen while wearing a pair of comedy spectacles. I'd use two raisins for its eyes, just like the real life one. Also its come-backs to my hilarious cheeky teatime badinage would be the same - a wet, mushy silence. Then we'd go to Deep Pan Pizza and i'd stuff olives down its neck until its head fell off.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Jim_MacLaine on October 27, 2023, 03:23:31 PMA nothing idea really. Weak sauce to justify 1984 apart from it's out of copyright.

Pricey too. First 250, £495 and the rest, £795 each.

tbf he did spend "a six-figure sum" getting the books produced, and they all come with an exclusive print, and the profits are going to Oxfam. I won't be buying one but its fair enough if you ask me.

poodlefaker

worse than Richard Osman is that fucking Rev Richard Coles who's shat out some oopsy there's been a deathikins at teatime in the vicarage shrubbery bollocks. Not to be outdone Shirley Ballas (sp) has penned a similar magnum fucking opus: you'll nevah guess what it's called.

PlanktonSideburns